Information Cloud (Tales of Cinnamon City)…

Information Cloud (Tales of Cinnamon City) (edition 2012)

by Peter James West

Member:Guide2
Title:Information Cloud (Tales of Cinnamon City)
Authors:Peter James West
Info:Peter James West (2012), Edition: 3.04, Kindle Edition, 221 pages
Rating:*1/2
Tags:Ebook, early

Information Cloud by Peter James West

Excerpts from LibraryThing Reviews:

"This was a surprisingly well-written science fiction adventure, and brought freshness to a frequently stale genre. While the visual design of the world could have used a bit more description, and some points of plot resolution were a bit too convenient, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to the sequel." [Jon.Roemer] 4.5 stars

"Pretty good; I'm not a big sci fi fan, but this story is interesting. I find the love story, not to be distracting, as some can be, shows depth to the characters. Riser Trent, the "baddie" is the right kind of weird. So well written, any reader can picture just what that guy looks like. I do enjoy this book, and the more sci fi fan, would enjoy it more." [kristincedar] 4 stars

Excerpts from UK Amazon Reviews:

"Many ideas (I especially liked the Croc) are first class, maybe some bits are a bit gratuitous (her father?). But overall a very nice reading and an impressive first work." [Uberto Barbini]

"West crafts a vivid and exciting picture of the world which is both distant and yet also familiar" [David Cameron]

"If there's a sequel, I'll buy it" [Carl]

Read the full UK Amazon reviews at:

Read the full LibraryThing reviews at:
  peterjameswest | Nov 21, 2014 |
What's great book! I do not normally enjoy post apocalyptic stories, but I really could not class this as one. It was more of a futuristic view of the future. Technology, food, security for The people and otherwise pretty normal lives for most citizens, except those of the security forces. The book started with a run, then slowed briefly to introduce important new characters and then blitzed away again. The characters were well developed and either like-able or extremely hateful, which made for an exciting read, rooting for your favourites. The book was well written and flowed seamlessly from one chapter to the next, making it impossible to put down at any point. The technology created in the book for the battles was mind boggling and frightening. The human is capable of terrible cruelties towards what they consider lesser beings. I am really looking forward to the next book. Really hope I don't have to wait too long. I really need to know what happens next!!! ( )
  Carolannhill | Jul 21, 2013 |
Information Cloud by Peter J. West is an action packed science fiction novel that takes place in a technologically advanced future where a decades old government is under attack by a terrorist organization called the Kamari. Cinnamon City is ruled by the Council of Lords which no one has seen for several years and they are under the protection of Central Command. The head of Central command, Gail Thompson has just sent a transmission to Commander Nick Chambers stating where the Kamari base is along with orders to attack.

Unbeknownst to Central Command the message has been intercepted by Riser Trent, a hacker working for the Mekinet News corporation. At Riser’s disposal is the information cloud which is a swarm of remote control droids that he can use to give himself enhanced powers and let him have awareness of everything that the droids sense. Riser’s new power has made him an enemy of both Central Command and the Kamari. A three way battle for Cinnamon City has begun and there may be no survivors.

Information Cloud is a fast paced novel that is hard to put down. It has a great story, interesting characters and the descriptions of all the futuristic technology is fascinating. I loved the explanation on how the information cloud works as well as the description of the equipment that they use such as the crocs, roaches, crab scanners and the bull rangers. The scenes where the Bull Rangers are tearing up the Kamari base were my favorite and I loved the way the Kamari deal with the problem

Along with the political commentary and great battle scenes. Information Cloud also has a good human interest story. Under Nick Chamber’s command is his former lover Rachel Henson. The couple has a daughter named Lisa who is in a building thats close to the battlezone. The two parents have to put aside their differences and decide how to save their daughter and follow orders at the same time. I enjoyed how the couple both come up with different solutions to their problem and both doubted that they made the right decision.

Another thing I liked about Information Cloud is how the author lets the reader decide who the villain is. Both the Kamari and Central Command have their good points and bad points. Neither side is presented as being good, the leaders of both organizations come across as uncaring and power hungry while the people in the middle of the battle are put in a sympathetic light.

One complaint that I’ve read about Information Cloud was that there was not enough backstory to The Cinnamon City government and the Kamari, but I think if the author would have focused more on the backstory it would have taken away from the action and the human element of the story. While there are political elements to the story, its more about the people who are affected by the two organizations and how they react to the world around them. Information Cloud is an excellent book and I can’t wait for future installments in the story. ( )
  dwatson2 | Jan 23, 2013 |
An improbable story full of weird decision by the characters with really bad tactical battles. ( )
  Guide2 | Dec 27, 2012 |
First the good:
Information Cloud flows quite easily. The dialogue is consistent and quite realistic. The characters are believable and not too two dimensional.
The technology presented for the future seems to be very plausible and I wanted to read more of it as I got involved in the intrigue. The action scenes were gripping although maybe a little too blood oriented. Overall a fun read that took all of an evening but kept me reading.

Now for the bad:
There is little background on Cinnamon City. The Main characters Rachel and Nick were a little cliche'd and some things appeared left out (her father for one; the bad guy family for another). I also found it hard to believe Rachel and her injuries and her battle in the basement.

If you are into Sci-Fi and robotics/weaponry as I am you should enjoy this little romp into the future.

Sam Hendricks, author Fantasy Football Guidebook and Fantasy Baseball for Beginners ( )
  slamhendricks | Dec 16, 2012 |
Now nobody can hide from the Information Cloud

Information Cloud (Tales of Cinnamon City, #1)

The citizens of Cinnamon City grow restless under the Dome Shield. The Security Forces are stretched to breaking point. Major Rachel Henson feels like something is changing inside her, but she doesn't want to face the truth even though her strange new abilities grow stronger every day.

In the South, the Kamari are raising an army to challenge Central Command. The Battle of Havers Compound is about to begin.

Lord Hades fears that technology will be the end of man, but he is powerless to stop the factions of the Orange Zone from destroying each other. The race is on to create ever more disturbing machines to win yet another war.  Lord Hades is tormented by his visions of the Second Black Day.

Is there any hope for the future for the Orange Zone?

Will Rachel ever learn to accept her destiny?

Find out now in Information Cloud, book one in the science fiction series, Tales of Cinnamon City.

Peter James West is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,038,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible