Family Matters by Kathleen McKenna

Family Matters

by Kathleen McKenna

312,001,085 (2)None
Recently added byjlsimon7
fiction (1) K (1) Kindle (1)

This book is ridiculous. I purchased the book because I found it in a true accounts section. To my surprise in reading the introduction is that the only part the author claims to be true are the responses to a questionnaire that Susan Atkins answered and her conversations with Atkins. To be honest I have serious doubts that even those are true.

The story line is that the author believes that Atkins and Manson are using astral projection to torment her. I understand the rest of the story is supposed to be fiction but I was still incredibly disappointed. That in part is my own fault. I purchased the book without reading the preface that would have advised me only a small portion of the book is claimed to be based on fact. Still my attraction to such stories has to do with my interest in abnormal psychology. The only real insight into abnormal psychology I have here is that if the author truly believes in the truth of this story she is in need of a professional psychologist and not just the armature interests of someone like myself.

Don't get me wrong. I've read plenty of books regarding astral travel, out of body experience, life after death, and several other new age topics. I find them interesting, insightful, and educational. This story is really none of the above. The only reason I completed the book at all was to see search for the promised truths.

I would not recommend this story for anyone with a serious mind. If you are more interested in fictional entertainment in your reading it might not be to bad. ( )
  jlsimon7 | Mar 1, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible