Artifact by Gigi Pandian

Artifact

by Gigi Pandian

Other authors: Nancy Adams (Copy editor), Ramona DeFelice Long (Editor)

Series: Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery (1)

English (10)  Piratical (1)  All (11)
Nice main character. Need to know more of her history/backstory. Good mystery. Motives of some of the secondary characters kind of weak. Worth a second book. ( )
  bgknighton | Apr 30, 2015 |
This is the first book in the Jaya Jones Treasure Hunter Series. Jaya receives a package from her ex boyfriend , it contains a ruby bracelet, she also received news that Rupert died in an accident the same day as the postmark on the package. Jaya grows curious and goes to London with her friend Lane to investigate. They discover that there is a dig in Scotland and there might be more treasure, strange occurrences happen while at the dig site. You must read this book and you will never guess who the bad guy is. Great storyline and wonderful characters.
Thanks to Net Galley and Henery Press for allowing me to read this. ( )
  druidgirl | Dec 24, 2013 |
Move over, Indiana, there’s a new Dr. Jones in town—Dr. Jaya Jones, to be precise! When she receives a mysterious package from a former boyfriend back in the UK just after reading of his untimely death in an “accident,” Jaya knows she has to figure out what happened. Her quest for the truth will lead her to Scotland and, in a round-about way, back to India. But who can Jaya trust when everyone has a motive and no one is exactly what they seem?

I like Jaya Jones, although I’m not quite sure how she was able to keep her professor position while jet-setting off to foreign countries, getting involved in murder investigations, etc. (I realize she wasn’t teaching during the summer term, but still!) In many ways she seemed pretty naïve and ignored evidence that was right in front of her. I had most of the mysteries figured out long before Jaya did, which was part of the fun. I look forward to more of Jaya’s adventures. ( )
  arbjames | Sep 6, 2013 |
A great start for a new series. Can't wait to read more. ( )
  nlb1050 | Aug 27, 2013 |
I liked Jaya Jones from the very start, especially because she doesn't take any unnecessary risks (like carrying that ancient, valuable piece of jewelry around like many another character in crime fiction would). Following her around observing her research was also a pleasure, and once the action moved to the Highlands, everything started clicking along at a fast pace.

I've noticed that Jaya Jones has been likened to Indiana Jones' sister. I wouldn't go so far as to agree, but with this fast-paced, intriguing story and strong, savvy lead character, I'd say that Jaya is well on her way. I'll be keeping an eye out for future adventures. ( )
  cathyskye | Aug 10, 2013 |

Gigi Pandianprimary authorall editionscalculated
Adams, NancyCopy editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Long, Ramona DeFeliceEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Terlouw, FayetteCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"When historian Jaya Jones receives a mysterious package containing a jewel-encrusted artifact from India, she discovers the secrets of a lost Indian treasure may be hidden in a Scottish legend from the days of the British Raj. But she's not the only one on the trail. From San Francisco to the Highlands of Scotland, Jaya must evade a shadowy stalker as she follows hints from the hastily scrawled note to a remote archaeological dig. Helping her decipher the cryptic clues are her magician best friend, a devastatingly handsome art historian with something to hide, and a charming archaeologist running for his life. When a member of the dig's crew is murdered, Jaya must figure out which of the scholars vying for her affections might be the love of her life--and which one is a killer."--Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible