Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas

Somewhere I'll Find You

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Capitol Theatre (1)

English (13)  Czech (1)  All languages (14)
Great beginning but not her best work. Longest epilogue ever written! ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
Somewhere I'll Find You by Lisa Kleypas (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Rosalyn Landor
Series: Capitol Theatre #1

3 Stars - This book was ok. It was not very intriguing and I found I got bored of the hero just trailing after her because he wanted sex (or so it seemed to me.) He kept using the line “we both enjoyed it”…She on the other hand, just kept pushing him away and while sometimes that plot works, here I found it didn't. The writing was decent, not the best Kleypas I have read - normally I love her books! I will say though, when the characters were actually on good terms and discovering their relationship together, it was good reading. I wish there had been more of that.

This book took me a very long time to make my way through. The narrator did a wonderful job, which definitely helped me finish it.

~Paragraphs and Petticoats~

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
I'm in shock: I did not like it! That is to say, not as much as all the other LK books I've read. The plot was okay and the style was just as good as always. I think it's mainly because of Damon - I just couldn't like him and had no idea why he - suddenly it seems - decided he loved Julia. I don't believe in a HEA for them at all. I'm almost waiting for him to leave her or ask her to give up the theatre after all.
Grade: C ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
This historical romance had a good plot and plenty of action. The story had the right amount of angst between the main characters as they struggled against the customs of that time. Now famous actress Julie had left home because her father married her to Lord Damon when she was a child for his title in exchange for her dowry.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I really loved this story!! Such a great read! Wonderfully written and a delight! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Landor, RosalynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stewart, Marysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Griffin, with love,
from your mother
The music of the May Day celebration filled the air, drifting from the village to the honey-colored castle on the lake.

The toast of the town ...

All London is at Julia Wentworth's feet—and anything she desires is hers for the asking. But the glamorous leading lady guards a shocking secret: a mystery husband whom she does not know, dares not mention ... and cannot love.

For years Damon Savage has been searching for the stranger his parents wed him to without his consent, hoping to legally free himself from matrimony's invisible chains. And he is astonished to discover his "bride" is none other than the exquisite lady he'd hoped to make his mistress! But though his wife by law, Julia will never truly be Damon's—until he conquers her fears, his formidable rivals ... and her proud, passionate, and independent heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380781433, Mass Market Paperback)

A classic tale of sensuous secrets and unanticipated passion, from the extraordinary New York Times bestselling author

The toast of the town ...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:32 -0400)

All London is at Julia Wentworth's feet. The beautiful, enchanting actress is the toast of the theater world--and anything she desires is hers for the asking. But the incomparable leading lady guards a devastating secret: a mystery husband whom she does not know, dares not mention...and cannot love. For years Damon Savage has been searching for the stranger his unscrupulous parents wed him to without his consent.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,819,303 books! | Top bar: Always visible