Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas

Where Dreams Begin

by Lisa Kleypas

Recently added byrena75, QueenMargot, AmandaJoss

Quick read about a young widow with a 4 yr old daughter living with her in-laws. She bucks society and accepts a position with a self-made wealthy man who wants to learn how to behave with society who look down their noses at him. He wants Holly to teach him and his 19 yr old sister how to act. There's lots of miscommunication while falling in love with each other. ( )
  Kathy89 | Jun 18, 2018 |
Audiobook- 5 star narration
A young widow broken and still deeply in live with her husband must learn to live again after three years of mourning. She braves society's judgment to take a chance that will give her daughter a better future in life and may give her one as well.
A beautiful story of looking beyond what others expect of you-Taking a chance even if the outcome looks grim. What a roller-coaster ride.
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Damn you, goodreads, WHEN WILL YOU IMPLEMENT HALF STARS?

This book, basically, for all intents and purposes ruined me. It would have EASILY been a 5 star review if not for the last 30-40 pages. It could've easily ended at their wedding night with an epilogue taking care of Ravenhill and Elizabeth/Somers or whatnot. Instead the novel took a really strange veer into near-death experiences and typhoid fever and who knows what else was going on.

It did knock off a half star for me, or since goodreads has a flawed system, a whole star. But Zachary and Holly have one of my favourite romances I've ever read. The first 9/10ths of the book is just so wonderful, so perfect. FEELINGS EXPLOSION. ( )
  dukedukegoose | Jan 26, 2015 |
3.5* ( )
  Bugetta | Sep 29, 2014 |
I liked this book, for the most part. I like books of self-made men who challenge the aristocracy, and while this is not as some I have read (Rose by Lauren Royal, for instance), it is an entertaining and well-crafted story. Zachary is an interesting character, gentle at the same time he is powerful and conniving, and Holly is the epitome of all that is expected of a grieving widow in early Victorian society. The story is strong and compelling - until the last fifty pages, which were almost completely unnecessary and even a little bit corny. The story would have been better if she'd left it off after the wedding and left out Holly's rather cheesy near-death-experience. Still, I enjoyed this book despite its flaws. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
To the Avon Ladies, for giving me their love and support after the flood, and letting me know that when everything disappears true friends remain.

And to Nancy Richards Akers, a beautiful talented woman who was taken from us too soon. I will miss her friendship and all the wonderful stories she had yet to write.
She had to escape.

Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power--now he needed a wife to help secure his position in society...and warm his bed in private. But not just any woman will do for a man whom all of London knows is not a gentleman. Then he unexpectedly swept Lady Holly Taylor into his arms for an unasked for--but very alluring--kiss, and suddenly he knew he had found a woman whose fierce passions matched his own.

Lady Holly Taylor was beautiful, generous, and, as a widow, destined to spend her life playing by society's rules, even when they went against her bolder instincts. But Zachary's kiss had aroused her, and though the shocking offer he made didn't include marriage, she was compelled to risk everything and follow him to the place where dreams begin.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380802317, Mass Market Paperback)

Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power -- now he needed a wife to help secure his position in society...and warm his bed in private.But not just any woman will do for a man whom all of London knows is not a gentleman. Then he unexpectedly swept Lady Holly Taylor into his arms for an unasked for -- but very alluring -- kiss, and suddenly he knew he had found a woman whose fierce passions matched his own.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:28 -0400)

Lady Holly Taylor, a beautiful and passionate young woman, risks her reputation when she decides to follow rake Zachary Bronson into a scandalous but satisfying partnership.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,804,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible