Break Through: When to Give In, How to Push…

Break Through: When to Give In, How to Push Back

by Tim Clinton

Description:

Break Through is a Christian-based guide to healthy relationships and relationship maintenance that discusses the dynamics between husband and wife, parent and child, friend and friend, man and God, and all things in-between. "[All] the expert advise you need for knowing when to give in and how to push back for the best life you can have with the people you love most." (Back Cover Quote)

Review:

I tend to enjoy Christian Literature with a Biblical basis, so I was very pleased to receive a copy of Break Through: When to Give In, How to Push Back, a relationship guide full of scripture. Everyone has the occasional relationship snag, whether it's between couples, family, friends, or even God, but what is important enough to fight for versus ignore? Is it really worth it to put strain on your relationship just to be right, or to prove someone wrong? It is not okay to allow yourself to be treated in a way that you are not satisfied with; which is why I recommend Tim Clinton and Pat Springle's well-researched and Bible-based book of relationship advice. Break Through not only confronts relationship problems head on, (arguing, manipulation, distrust, excuses, etc...), but offers real-life examples of how to work through your problems with the help of God. I was impressed by the amount, and value of, the material presented. The format was easy-to-read, down-to-earth, and had an overall tone of honesty that really resonated with me. Their message to readers in any kind of relationship is one of inspiration - things can, and will, change for the better if you work on them. I enjoyed the self-evaluation quizzes as well, they really cemented the ideas from the chapter into my mind. The only aspect that I had problems with was the repetitive nature of the text after the chapter on "Learning to Love Well". I recommend this book to anyone who is having problems in their relationship and feels like they are making excuses for the other person’s actions; anyone can benefit from reading this book!

Rating: On the Run (4/5)

*** I received this book from the author (Worthy Publishing) in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. ( )
  Allizabeth | Aug 13, 2012 |
Break Through is insightful and helpful book written for anyone who struggles with co-dependency. This book reminded me of another book I read and have recommended to many people, Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend.

However, Break Through goes deeper into defining what loving well looks like in relationships. Many of us believe we are loving others when we really aren't. We think we are being helpful, when we're actually not.

This book helps expose the true dynamics in relationships. Whether the relationship is with a spouse, parent, friend or co-worker.

To read more: http://bit.ly/Kx8G6T ( )
  pvarsenec | Jun 25, 2012 |

This book shows readers how to protect themselves from the controlling or irresponsible behaviors of others, spouses, parents, friends, or co-workers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible