Giant Killer by Richard Vasquez

Giant Killer

by Richard Vasquez

2None2,551,640NoneNone
Recently added bydebicakes77, lulaa
Kindle (1) read (1) read 11 (1) sample (1)

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 053217173X, Paperback)

Ramon Garcia, a Chicano reporter in Los Angeles during the 1970's, is tossed into a political conspiracy while covering boxing events for the world acclaimed and soon to be champion, Bucky Thompson. As he digs deeper into this mystery, danger follows his every step.

In "The Giant Killer," written in a completely different genre than Vasquez's "Chicano," Ramon (Ray) also finds himself falling for the love of his life, Sidney, with whom he must grow into the man he was meant to be. Funny yet stunningly real, Ray, our Giant Killer brings us into a world of exceptionally real characters, with whom we can laugh and cry, as we get to know them. We venture with him as he struggles to know who he really is.

Acclaim for Richard Vasquez:

"Finally - an authentic and exciting Mexican American character. More importantly, Richard Vasquez portrays him with truth. I hope to meet RAMON GARCIA again and again."
- RICARDO MONTALBAN

"In RAMON GARCIA, novelist Richard Vasquez has created a fascinating, bigger-than-life Chicano hero. While Garcia is a hard-hitting, skilled reporter, he is at once tough, sensitive, and humorous. He made me laugh and cry..."
- Frank Sifuentes, Latin American Perspective Magazine

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:10 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,726,679 books! | Top bar: Always visible