La Luna by Enrico Casarosa

La Luna

by Enrico Casarosa

La Luna is a book that is great for younger readers. Young readers will be delighted to see a younger child as the focus of this book. They see a child growing and learning in the shadow of their father and grandfather. But it is when the child takes initiative and troubleshoots a problem at work, then things really begin to shine. ( )
  jmitra1 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Amazing book. Trying to be like dad and grandpa but is a boy ofbhis own. YouTube movie without words is better. ( )
  torilynae | Nov 13, 2014 |
I enjoy this book and gave it a five because I originally saw it when it was a Disney Pixar short film. I then saw the ebook and finally got the hard copy. The book was about three generations of boys who have to clean the moon of stars It was about team work, differences, and working together to reach a common goal. My favorite part of the main message was the it is okay to do things differently if everyone is working together to achieve the same thing. The men did things differently. They had different ideas, but it didn't matter as long as everyone did his part. It was a picture book and it had wonderful pictures. ( )
  nhassa3 | Nov 10, 2014 |
We read this book online through YouTube at first, then watched the short movie version of it. I loved the concept and the idea of the book. The illustrations were very pretty and the story was very creative and different. La Luna was about a family of three boys, a grandfather, a father, and his son, who went out to sea to watch the moon rise from the water. It was the son's turn to experience this, and he climbed up to the moon, dropped an anchor on it's surface and the family worked on cleaning up the stars on the moons surface. When we read this book online there were a lot of great sound effects. For example whenever a star was swept away there was a twinkling sound for it. Both the online read and the short film really captured the magical picture. I thought it was a lovely story for children because it kept you interested and wasn't the typical children's book theme. I have never heard of a story about the moon and how it get's its shape- I just thought it was very clever. I loved it! Especially since it had that Pixar theme and magical touch. ( )
  lgrube4 | Oct 20, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book because of how imaginative the story was. The illustrations were very pretty and matched the cuteness of the story very well. This book shared a story of making those around you proud even when there is no explicit expectation of you. In the book, the father and grandfather wanted the boy to help with cleaning the moon, but they never gave him very specific instructions. It almost seemed that they brought him along mostly so that he would have the exiting and wondrous experience of coming along. At the end of the tale, the boy had the idea to get rid of the large star on the moon that they were cleaning up. The father and the grandfather both had their own ideas on how to get rid of it, with the father saying, "Pull it up" and the grandfather saying, "Did it out", but neither of them asked what they boy thought. In the end, the boy went above and beyond what was asked of him and showed how unique ideas should be encouraged. Ultimately, I feel that is the 'big picture' of this book. ( )
  ajfurman | Sep 23, 2014 |

A young boy sets out for a day at work cleaning the moon with his father and grandfather in their boat, La Luna.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,550,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible