Snatched by Karin Slaughter

English (7)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All (9)
Shannon Cochran
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Karin Slaughter’s SNATCHED, (Will Trent Series #5.5) an e-book short story-a prequel to CRIMINAL is action packed, full of suspense beginning at Atlanta’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson, leading to child abduction, of all places in the restroom.

Will Trent (GBI) finds himself stuck policing the Atlanta airport restroom for crimes (as punishment), on the outlook for illicit sexual activities when he witnesses an attempted child abduction. Not knowing for sure if this is a parent or grandparent, he sets up security to catch the man; however he escapes and nothing will stop him from saving this innocent little girl.

Having lived in Atlanta most of my career, only twenty minutes from the airport, I have flown out of this airport, as many as 15 days a month with my job. (even found myself on a plane in Atlanta on 9/11 headed to Houston when we deplaned due to the bombing and airport was closed)—well aware what it is like to shut down this airport.

I enjoy Karin’s crime writing of Hot Atlanta as she gets down and dirty, to the root of the crime in this corrupt city! Will Trent is one of my favorite characters, and kind of sad, as now have read all the books in the series as started from the latest and been reading all the ones I missed. This is the last one, so hopefully 2015 will bring another installment, as want Will to find happiness and get rid of Angie!

I listened to the audiobook and Kathleen Early performance was awesome as usual! Can't wait for the next Will Trent saga!
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Karin Slaughter is one of my all time favorite authors. I stumbled across this only because my mom has let me borrow her nook for a while and I was taking a look at what was available from the library. I was so excited this morning that I checked it out and read it before I even got out of bed!

Will Trent has been placed on the worst detail and agent can get...staking out the bathrooms to catch men in sex crimes. He's bored sitting in a stall in the Atlanta airport when he hears a little girl crying and asking to go home. The man with her is sharp and Will's intuition tells him the man is not her dad. He follows them as he calls for the airport to shut down to catch them. After losing the pair in a split second when he looks for traffic just outside the airport, he spots the man and tackles him. But where's the girl?

This is pure Karin Slaughter in a bite sized story. Loved it! ( )
  bohemiangirl35 | Sep 2, 2013 |
Karin Slaughter is one of my favourite crime authors. I've read every last title she's written.

Slaughter moves her characters along in real time, so start with The Grant County books and then the Will Trent series. You can read them as stand alones, but you'd be robbing yourself of a fantastic series.

The last book, Criminal (my review) finally answered some long held questions about Will's background. I cannot wait to see where the next book - Unseen - takes us. (It's next up on my nightstand)

Snatched was a great little listen before I started in on Unseen. Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent Trent has been posted to airport duty - the washrooms specifically. While hiding out in a stall in the men's, he hears a little girl in the next stall say 'I want to go home.' Is the man with her her father? Nothing untoward was said or done, but Will's radar is tingling. He decides to follow the pair, but loses them in the large airport. But he's sure something's not right - and the airport is shut down on Will's intuition. The race is on to find the girl before she is spirited away.....or worse.

Kathleen Early has read the last few of Slaughter's books and I hope they use her for future books. Her voice is clear, with short, crisp tones that mirror the lead character's way of thinking and speaking. The tone is no nonsense and easily conveys the escalating tension of the hunt for the missing girl. She provides believable voices for other characters as well.

As, I said, this is a favourite series and character and the wrong narrator would ruin the image I have of these familiar players. Early hits the right note. An enjoyable listen of an excellent story! ( )
  Twink | Aug 6, 2013 |

I didn't know about this novella* until very recently, when I read and reviewed Karin Slaughter's latest novel, [b:Criminal|12922320|Criminal (Will Trent, #7)|Karin Slaughter|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1334414049s/12922320.jpg|18077623]. It's described as #6 in Slaughter's Will Trent series, although given its length and its tangential relationship to the rest of the series, it would probably be more accurate to think of it as #5.5.

The action takes place over a day, at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent Will Trent has been given an unpleasant assignment, supposedly for defying his boss. He becomes convinced that a child has been abducted and from that moment the hunt is on for the child and the perpetrator.

The work is a good example of Karin Slaughter's skill. While very short (readers should know that about 40% of the e-book consists of an extract from [b:Criminal|12922320|Criminal (Will Trent, #7)|Karin Slaughter|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1334414049s/12922320.jpg|18077623]), it's tightly plotted and suspenseful. All in all, this is a welcome gift for fans of the Will Trent series. In addition, it's not a bad way for readers to find out if they like Karin Slaughter's writing. If they do, it would probably be best to start with [b:Triptych|21717|Triptych (Will Trent, #1)|Karin Slaughter|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320411456s/21717.jpg|2479325].**

*More of a long short story, really.
**I'm sure that some readers would recommend going back to the very beginning with [b:Blindsighted|21718|Blindsighted (Grant County, #1)|Karin Slaughter|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327938946s/21718.jpg|2590340], the first book in Slaughter's earlier (but related) Grant County series. ( )
  KimMR | Apr 2, 2013 |
Special Agent Will Trent sat in the last stall of the men’s bathroom between gates C-38 and C-40 at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

While in an airport restroom, Will Trent, an agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, overhears a girl pleading to go home and knows something is wrong. But he waits too long to act, and now the girl and the angry man she's with have disappeared into the crowds. Will's partner, Faith, immediately sends out an abducted child alert. The entire airport soon grinds to a halt all because Will has a hunch he is certain is true: a young girl has been snatched.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible