Madness of March by Burt Golden

Madness of March

by Burt Golden

412,400,056 (5)None
2012 (1) 5-stars (1) ebook (2) fiction (1) mystery (1) own (1) read (1) reviewed (1) sports (1) untagged (1)

I liked this book, storywise. I never would have thought to do so, but there were several elements that pushed the book to a level that did not leave us with one dimension, and with the Boardwalk Empire series also focusing on Atlantic City, the sense of corruption here joined together for me.

Burt, the author is a former College basketball coach so he knows something about March Madness. There is a great deal going on in the story, told from the POV of our coach. The game is now a little jaded, all about shoe companies, promoting superstars, gambling and then a little bit of the heroes past comes into play.

The service that helped Burt with the formatting needed to check there work, for it falls apart more than once. And then there are a few instances when we are in the action of a game and we have set the score only to find a few paragraphs later that the score is quoted again but lower.

I would have liked to see some more introspection of the Coaches previous life and losses affecting his motivations in the present storyline. That and then showing his deserving the game successes that he does achieve. The first half of the book seems to lay the groundwork more for the mystery than for the game of basketball.

But those mystery elements lead us to the resolution. And they put this over the top. For under a dollar, it is a great way to idle away a few hours before the start of next season. ( )
  DWWilkin | Jul 9, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,535,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible