Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry

Her Best Worst Mistake

by Sarah Mayberry

Enjoyable, easy read.

I loved their chemistry, Martin's heart of gold and their steamy smex.

However, not a lot of things happened in this story. It had too many pauses for my taste. While I loved Martin, his change of heart seemed to happen in the blink of an eye. And Violet was just ok. I needed her vulnerability to show up just a little earlier. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |
Cute. Martin was a little too good to be true in that HQN way. I also didn't buy the complete 180 he did from his treatment of Elizabeth to his relationship with Violet. But cute. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Bonito, todo me parece bonito.

Cortito, entretenido y tierno. La pareja fue adorable... pero mi opinión puede estar influenciada por mi obvia preferencia hacia los masculinos gruñones--los que están bien logrados, obvio. Cuesta escribir un buen gruñon sin que caiga en asqueroso/antipático/irreal interés romántico y creo que esta autora en particular, lo ha conseguido. Martin está perfecto, por suerte.

Ideal para leer en una sala de espera. ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Even when she was torturing herself and being a dumbass, I loved Violet, and also Martin, so much. Just lovely. ( )
  crankypants16 | Sep 23, 2013 |
1.5 stars
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |

She thinks he's stuffy. He thinks she's spoilt. Then the gloves come off and so do their clothes! For six years Violet Sutcliffe has known that Martin St Clair is the wrong man for her best friend. He's stuffy, old before his time, conservative. He drives Violet nuts - and the feeling is entirely mutual. Then, out of nowhere, her friend walks out just weeks before her wedding to Martin, flying to Australia on a mission of self-discovery. Back in London, Violet finds herself feeling sorry for suddenly-single Martin. At least, she tells herself it's pity she feels. Then he comes calling one dark, stormy night and they discover that beneath their mutual dislike there lies a fiery sexual chemistry. It's crazy and all-consuming - and utterly wrong. Because not only are they chalk and cheese, oil and water, but Martin once belonged to her best friend. A friend Violet is terrified of losing. What future can there be for a relationship with so many strikes against it? This book is a spin off from my Blaze novel, Hot Island Nights. Both stories can be read in isolation and still make perfect sense, but I hope that together they form a neat little duo.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible