Elfquest: Wolfrider Vol. 1 by Wendy Pini

Elfquest: Wolfrider Vol. 1 (2003)

by Wendy Pini

1st (1) 2006 (1) 2nd printing (1) @home (1) bw (1) comic (5) comics (6) complete (1) DC Comics (3) elfquest (9) elves (2) fantasy (13) fiction (2) graphic novel (9) graphic novels (2) import (1) magic (1) manga (4) nostalgia (1) own (1) paperback (1) read (2) series (1) sff (1) show (1) softcover (1) trade paperback (2) unowned (1) untranslated (1) wolves (2)

Back to the World of Two Moons we go in this 'first' volume of a new series. Included in the twelve episode reprints from various Elfquest comics are stories of the Wolfriders under the leadership of Mantricker, and then also as they are led by his son, Bearclaw. We get to see some added new work as well, used to bridge or segue from one story to the next. Most of this volume is close to Wendy Pini-type standards, with only a couple of continuity errors created by guest writers/artists!

I enjoyed seeing new characters not included in the original series, and having the background of others provided at last (Bearclaw and Joyleaf's recognition, the births of Cutter and Skywise). If you are new to Wendy and Richard's Elfquest world, there is even a handy-dandy "who's who" in the beginning.

Good stories, well told, and wonderfully illustrated. ( )
  fuzzi | Nov 25, 2012 |
I've read this book twice now, both before and after I'd read the rest of the Elfquest saga. Though it was good the first time around, I think I really needed to know the characters' background before I could fully appreciate it. Some of the scenes brought tears to my eyes now, knowing these characters as I do from the rest of the series. A very good read, overall, though most of the stories herein weren't scripted by the Pinis. ( )
  xicanti | Nov 10, 2006 |
It's ElfQuest! Black and white drawings. It's not a complete first volume of the original ElfQuest, but it is a nicely pocket-sized version, great for the backpack or purse, to take on short trips or for reading while waiting in endless lines. ( )
  Nodigio | Aug 5, 2006 |
The season of New Green was here, and The Holt flourished.

On the World of Two Moons, elf tribes have lived and struggled with societies of humans and trolls for millennia. Now Bearclaw, tenth chief of the Wolfriders, is in for the fight of his life--a bunch of superstitious and dangerous humans have set up camp nearby and conflict is inevitable.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible