Fatale, Volume 1: Death Chases Me by Ed…

Fatale, Volume 1: Death Chases Me

by Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips (Illustrator)

Series: Fatale (1-5)

The Complete Fiction by H. P. Lovecraft (MarcusH)
    MarcusH: Lovecraft is a definite influence for Brubaker's story.

A girl, a guy and a gat. This dark story comes with corrupt cops, grisly murders, a demon-worshipping cult, a beautiful but very mysterious woman and a large helping of the supernatural. Instead of a straight forward crime story, Fatale appears to fall more into the genre of horror. It also jumps back and forth in time from today back to the 1950’s and the beautiful woman is, perhaps, immortal.

The artwork helps set the stage for this very stylish blend of noir mystery and horror. This volume left many questions so I am looking forward to continuing on with the story and finding out more about Josephine. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Aug 3, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this. Pulp, noir mystery combined with cults, demons and the general paranormal. The story is a bit cliched but a lot of fun. Switching between the present and the 1950s a detective gets caught up in his grandfather's past. The art is excellent! Done in the style of the fifties it really brings the story to life. ( )
  ElizaJane | May 28, 2016 |
A great graphic novel that has lots of twists and turns, jumps back and forth between different characters and has some creepy cults. I started reading this one as individual comics but due to my work schedule couldn't always get it into the comic book store before it sold out. I was very excited when it came out in graphic novel and I could finally sit down and read it all together. I'm definitely going to keep reading this. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Ed Brubakerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Phillips, SeanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Joe Hill and Megan Abbott, who unknowingly gave me these ideas.
Prologue

So here's how my entire life went off the tracks in one day.
Chapter One

San Francisco
--1956

Josephine tried not to trade glances with anyone in the bar.

She didn't know how of it worked, but eye contact seemed to be part of it.

Modern day reporter Nicolas Lash learns of a secret involving an ageless woman who has been on the run since the 1930s, while reporter Hank Raines meets the same woman in 1950s San Francisco.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,265,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible