The Scottish Selkie by Cornelia Amiri

The Scottish Selkie

by Cornelia Amiri

English (8)  Norwegian (1)  All (9)
This book is very well-written with strong characters and great descriptions; however, it wasn't my type of story. ( )
  eheinlen | Jan 23, 2015 |
was a good fast read. The author wove historical fact, celtic lore and a great romance all together. Made a wonderful read :) ( )
  lilwolfmisty | Nov 26, 2013 |
This one surprised me. i have to admit this is the first book i have read by cornelia amiri i found it fascinating and entertaining. the story line held my attention and made me want to finish it. even though i think the characters could have used some depth to them this is all in a good read and i think i will be reading more books from this author. ( )
  sarahlou2709 | Nov 16, 2013 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I am a huge fan of Cornelia Amiri and was not disappointed with this story. This is another story about a love that should not be, but overcomes all odds. I was absorbed into the story from the beginning. Characters were well developed and even one character who at the beginning you seemed to think negative on became a more noble character at the end.

I hope to read a continuation of this story, maybe 13 years from when this one ended. (Hint,hint) ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Sep 24, 2013 |
A supernatural romance set in early Scotland. The plot is pretty good, but the flow of the writing is sometimes offbeat. The characters are likeable, but need a bit more development. I love the historical setting.

LT Member Giveaway ( )
  LibStaff2 | Sep 7, 2013 |

From ancient druid lore, springs the tale of a mysterious, dark warrior, a fiery Pict Princess, and the shadowy secret standing between them. A bow and arrow carrying Pict beauty takes vengeance on a royal target but fails at her attempt to slay the Scot King, Kenneth McAlpin.

To save her life, she is forced to wed the king's cousin, Malcolm. Just as the Scot warrior and the Pict Princess begin to forge a bond, Malcolm must reveal his incredible secret and choose between two worlds, one with Bethoc or one without.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Cornelia Amiri's book The Scottish Selkie was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Cornelia Amiri is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,994,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible