The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson

The Emperor's Soul (edition 2012)

by Brandon Sanderson

Member:v_clortho
Title:The Emperor's Soul
Authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tachyon Publications (2012), Paperback, 176 pages
Tags:read 2013, kindle

The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson

Brandon Sanderson writes the most intriguing magic systems. Once again, I find that I've come across something I haven't ever before. Even though this was only a novella, I really loved this story. The pacing was spot on for the short length it was. I've been told this can stand as a prequel to Elantris; if that is true then I can't wait to get my hands on that book. Give me more Sanderson :) ( )
  Kassilem | Nov 30, 2016 |
#BuscandoAHoid sigo con las relecturas del Cosmere. Aunque en esta no sale directamente y sin the Coppermind tampoco lo habría identificado esta vez.

La idea de poder cambiar un objeto redefiniendo su pasado. El plano físico, espiritual y cognitivo. Objetos con alma. Y la aberración que supone aplicar esa magia al alma de una persona.

Me ha costado más leerlo en inglés, pero sigue siendo un relato con muchas lecturas.
  Minimissplaced | Jul 21, 2016 |
Wonderful little story! It has a very high pace, and is a 2-3 hour read at its slowest. It wasn't a stunning book, but it was not boring at all. The ideas in this book about what art is are quite refreshing.

However, I think that it should have been longer. There was plenty of room for depth, and therefore it felt rather rushed.

bartt95 | Jun 22, 2016 |
Fantastic. I want to know more! ( )
  cynrtst | May 13, 2016 |
Yet again, Sanderson provides an excellent work of fantasy fiction. Sanderson's typical work is around the 1000-page mark, so I was interested to see how he performed in a novella that is under 150 pages. The story does seem to move at a sprint, and he doesn't have time to completely develop the main characters, but it still turned out to be a very enjoyable read. Also, Sanderson's ability to create fascinatingly intricate magic systems is on display in The Emperor's Soul, which I believe to be one of his biggest strengths as a fantasy writer.

If you're looking for a novella that you could knock out in a couple of hours, you should definitely consider The Emperor's Soul. ( )
  codyacunningham | May 9, 2016 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nanitchkov, AlexanderCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gaotona ran his fingers across the thick canvas, inspecting one of the greatest works of art he had ever seen. Unfortunately, it was a lie.

When Shai is caught replacing the Moon Scepter with her nearly flawless forgery, she must bargain for her life and create--by Forgery--a new soul for the emperor in less than one hundred days.

95 wanted4 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,727,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible