The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson

The Emperor's Soul (edition 2012)

by Brandon Sanderson

Member:v_clortho
Title:The Emperor's Soul
Authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tachyon Publications (2012), Paperback, 176 pages
Tags:read 2013, kindle

The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson

Such a good read for only 175 pages. Totally enthralling, and a completely new and ingenious magic system (once again) from Sanderson. I absolutely loved reading this story. It was nice to be able to sit down and read it in a single evening, but I couldn't help wishing there was more. But that's always the way I feel after a Brandon Sanderson novel whether it's 1000 pages or 175. Loved it! Can't wait to purchase my own copy. ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |
A lovely book.
I chose it because it's short and I wanted to find out whether I want to read more by Sanderson. Yes, I do. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
Even though this was touted as a novella", at around 100 pages, this is just as long as some of the Elric novels by Moorcock.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've been on a roll recently with good books and for that I'm thankful. The afterwords by Sanderson places this in the [b:Elantris|68427|Elantris|Brandon Sanderson|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1316637512s/68427.jpg|2908871] universe, but it had been so long since I read it that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Even with all the runing going on :)

There is also a list of other short stories by Sanderson and this has whetted my appetite to track them down and read them as well." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Brandon Sanderson writes the most intriguing magic systems. Once again, I find that I've come across something I haven't ever before. Even though this was only a novella, I really loved this story. The pacing was spot on for the short length it was. I've been told this can stand as a prequel to Elantris; if that is true then I can't wait to get my hands on that book. Give me more Sanderson :) ( )
  Kassilem | Nov 30, 2016 |
#BuscandoAHoid sigo con las relecturas del Cosmere. Aunque en esta no sale directamente y sin the Coppermind tampoco lo habría identificado esta vez.

La idea de poder cambiar un objeto redefiniendo su pasado. El plano físico, espiritual y cognitivo. Objetos con alma. Y la aberración que supone aplicar esa magia al alma de una persona.

Me ha costado más leerlo en inglés, pero sigue siendo un relato con muchas lecturas.
  Minimissplaced | Jul 21, 2016 |

Brandon Sandersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nanitchkov, AlexanderCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gaotona ran his fingers across the thick canvas, inspecting one of the greatest works of art he had ever seen. Unfortunately, it was a lie.

When Shai is caught replacing the Moon Scepter with her nearly flawless forgery, she must bargain for her life and create--by Forgery--a new soul for the emperor in less than one hundred days.

95 wanted4 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,501,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible