Kicking Eternity by Ann Lee Miller

Kicking Eternity (edition 2012)

by Ann Lee Miller

Member:skstiles612
Title:Kicking Eternity
Authors:Ann Lee Miller
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 318 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, adult, Christian, RF, romance

Kicking Eternity by Ann Lee Miller

Raine has been hired to teach Bible at a summer camp, but is unprepared for her attraction to bad boy Cal, or seeing Drew again, a ‘boy’ from her past who is now all grown up. The promise of some interesting developments between the three is almost immediate and I was hooked after only a few pages. The characters are varied and well developed; real people with issues that deserve an audience. It is not a book that I could read in one sitting, however. The story needed to be savored. It is full of rich character development, and pulls the reader closer to God in a way that was genuine and never forced. This is much more than the typical Christian romance and I highly recommend it. ( )
  Tracykrauss | Jan 5, 2013 |
This is a book that should be read by young adults everywhere. Christian teens are not immune to the temptations of the world no matter how long they have been Christians. This is the story of four people who face challenges in their personal lives and their spiritual lives.

Raine decides to teach at a Christian Camp to help earn money to take her to Africa as a missionary. Cal is the son of a preacher. His brother runs the camp. Drew is the camps recreation leader. Both he and Cal are in love with Raine. Aly is Raine’s roommate and sees Raine as a goody-goody. When her father left she felt an empty hole. She tried to fill that hole with guys who didn’t really care for her. She sees that both Cal and Drew care for Raine and that sets the stage for more conflict. In the mix is Raine’s brother who has a drug problem. Sometimes it is difficult to see the problem before us. We tend to cover it up or make excuses until it is almost too late.

I was able to relate to this particular situation. For years I made excuses for my youngest sister and her drinking problems that eventually became drug problems as well. I did this to protect my mother I said. It almost destroyed not only my sister, but also my family. This is a book that should be read by everyone.
I believe it can be enjoyed by Christian and Non-Christian alike.

I look forward to reading more by this author. ( )
  skstiles612 | Dec 7, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,711,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible