At Any Cost (Love Inspired Suspense) by…

At Any Cost (Love Inspired Suspense)

by Lauren Nichols

171587,099 (4)None

Title: At Any Cost (Love Inspired Suspense)
Author: Lauren Nichols
Pages: 288
Year: 2012
Publisher: Love Inspired
This is a very riveting, tense-filled story about Jenna Harper who fears her past is once again encroaching upon her present. Jenna now runs a B & B with her aunt whom she holds dear. While renovating the home, Jenna meets Beau who brings an uncanny sense of security when he is working. Both Jenna and Beau knew each other years ago. Living in a small town, the gossip mill constantly cranks out stories whether true or not.
Jenna’s character is a faith-filled woman who treasures family and her two girlfriends she has known since they were kids. After surviving a vicious attack in the past, it takes lots of work not to let her imagination run wild. I really enjoyed Jenna’s aunt in the story as this elderly woman is compassionate, a prayer warrior and dresses up in Victorian dresses, which is the same era in which the home was built. Jenna gathers a lot of strength and compassion from this elderly woman. Both Jenna and Beau have their hearts guarded from being hurt due to their past dating encounters. I loved the story being centered on Jenna and the tension that is very palpable all the way through the book. A great tale to curl up with and enjoy with your favorite hot drink!
My rating is 5 stars.
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Mar 6, 2015 |
The Lord is my light and my salvation---whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, Of whom shall I be afraid? In times of trouble He will shelter me; He will keep me safe in His temple and make me secure on a high rock.
                                                                                                                                       ---Psalms 27:1,5
For Ann McCauley, Lindsay Randall and Karen Rose Smith for your unwavering encouragement and friendship. I love you guys.

And always for Mike. You're my everything.
Impatient to begin, the man sat in a idling, early model beige sedan outside a diner advertising Wi-Fi, his features hidden behind tinted glasses, a knitted black watch cap pulled low on his forehead. Outside, the mid-November snow was blowing sideways, sending a chill through him despite the blast of heat coming through the car's vents. He abhorred his appearance, detested his scruff of a beard. But the deception was paramount to conceal his identity.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373444877, Mass Market Paperback)

Hiding from the past, jumping at shadows… Welcome to Jenna Harper's life ever since her ex decided murder was the way to punish her for moving on. Yet Jenna survived—and continuous survival means eluding her attacker: no unnecessary risks, no credit cards and definitely no men. But despite her cautiousness, Jenna can't deny her attraction to Beau Travis, the rugged carpenter fixing up her B and B. Neither can she ignore the recent mishaps that could blow her cover. Are the two connected? A troublemaker in high school, Beau was never the dependable type. Is he a suitor or a suspect?

The answer could mean her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:46 -0400)

"Hiding from the past, jumping at shadows ... Welcome to Jenna Harper's life ever since her ex decided murder was the way to punish her for moving on. Yet Jenna survived--and continuous survival means eluding her attacker: no unnecessary risks, no credit cards and definitely no men. But despite her cautiousness, Jenna can't deny her attraction to Beau Travis, the rugged carpenter fixing up her B and B. Neither can she ignore the recent mishaps that could blow her cover. Are the two connected? A troublemaker in high school, Beau was never the dependable type. Is he a suitor or a suspect?"--Publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,464,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible