Joe Namath, Game by Game: The Complete…

Joe Namath, Game by Game: The Complete Professional Football Career

by Bryan L. Yeatter

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A huge undertaking. Consider reading this book in phases. I pictured the author having conversations and arguments with himself; I felt I wanted a second writer in there somewhere. On more than one occasion, I felt as I’d been reading for hours when I’d really only read 10 pages. I considered giving copies of this book for Christmas - if it’d been edited a bit more. Was there an editor? I can’t believe Joe Namath is almost 70! I admire Yeatter - this was hard work. I’ll pass along my copy to huge football fans only. ( )
  rosies | Dec 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is an idea whose time has come, surprised it hasn't been done before.(at least I haven't seen a book like this) it is interesting to read about game by game description. This is a must for Namath and Jet fans everywhere. ( )
  foof2you | Dec 10, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Comprehensive doesn't begin to describe it. This book captures the descriptions- and often -nuances- of every single game Joe Namath played in his professional football career! (I doubt Joe himself would recall half of this!!) But for any Joe Namath super-fan, this is the book. I do wish it would have had pictures, I think that would have added to the book's appeal. There is really nothing like seeing Joe Namath in his hey-day, strolling along the sidelines in his full-length furs! You've just gotta love Broadway Joe!! ( )
  Litgirl7 | Nov 28, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Joe Namath, Game by Game is written by a Namath fan, and is meant to be bought by other fans of the incomparable "Broadway Joe". Beginning with a chapter on his college career it continues on with a chapter for each year of his career in professional football. It relays game by game a written synopsis and highlights as well as facts such as where it took place and the attendance. What is surprising is that there are no photographs included, which would have added to my enjoyment.
Any Jets fan of the era would greatly like the book, and Namath fan would love it. ( )
  janiereader | Oct 23, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is an excellent book for anyone interested in football, but more importantly Joe Namath. The book does a great job of following Joe Namath from college throughout his entire career. It is an excellent read for any sports fanatics, but also for those people who are interested in football or simply want to read about one of the game's greats! ( )
  S.L.B. | Oct 18, 2012 |

"The book is a comprehensive look at Namath's professional football career, following it season by season and game by game. After an opening chapter discussing Namath's college career and his enormous impact on professional football after turning pro in 1965, the book proceeds to chronicle his pro career"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bryan L. Yeatter's book Joe Namath, Game by Game: The Complete Professional Football Career was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible