Sea Change by Karen White

Sea Change

by Karen White

1951360,388 (3.79)3

I thought I knew how this would end. The author is a skillful writer.I was pulled in by page 11.I enjoyed the love story,mystery and historical and supernatural aspects of the book. 3 women tell their stories, Ava, Pamela and Gloria.Al their voices intertwined.The story kept building and building.The last 1/3 of the book just seemed to get bogged down.It made a very climactic ending quite anti-climactic. I was almost relieved the story ended. I just think it could have been a bit shorter. Enjoyable and I was wrong abt the story ended. ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
I like this one better than The House on Tradd Street. However, it is still not great. I would charge this one with a lack of subtlety and a repetiveness of certain details which leads the reader to feel she is being beaten over the head with a "this is important...I'm giving you a hint...IMPORTANT!" hammer. Also, how many time is she White going to use the "seeminly devoted wife and mother abandons husband and son for another man" thread? Bit of a lack of inventiveness, no?

Need mind candy with a romance, mystery, history angle? This will do. Need good writing and a fascinating and suspenseful plot? You might want to look elsewhere. ( )

paranormal, mystery ( )
  bswartz1012 | Nov 30, 2014 |

For Ava Whalen, a new marriage and a move to St. Simons Island means a new beginning. But what she doesn’t realize is that her marriage will take her on an unexpected journey into the deep recesses of her past that will transform her forever…

For as long as she can remember, Ava Whalen has struggled with a sense of not belonging, and now, at thirty-four, she still feels stymied by her family. Then she meets child psychologist Matthew Frazier, and thinks her days of loneliness are behind her. After a whirlwind romance, they impulsively elope, and Ava moves to Matthew’s ancestral home on St. Simons Island off the coast of Georgia.

But after the initial excitement, Ava is surprised to discover that true happiness continues to elude her. There is much she doesn’t know about Matthew, including the mysterious circumstances surrounding his first wife’s death. And her new home seems to hold as many mysteries and secrets as her new husband. Feeling adrift, Ava throws herself into uncovering Matthew’s family history and that of the island, not realizing that she has a connection of her own to this place—or that her obsession with the past could very well destroy her future.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:10 -0400)

A lonely woman with a life-long feeling of not quite belonging elopes with a child psychologist she met at a conference and discovers how difficult it is to actually escape her past.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,541,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible