Absent-Minded Astrophysicist by TN Tarrant

Absent-Minded Astrophysicist

by TN Tarrant

I should give it a three, but I just loved this book too much to give it a four.

What bothered me the most is the cover. I just happened to see on my Amazon recommended list three other books had the same exact cover and the same exact font. I assume that this is the results of the publishers, Silver Publishing.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the story, but it bothers me that this seems to be something typical in e-books lately. I suppose it has to do with the cheaper cost, but as a reader, it is very annoying.

Story wise, there was a lot of information that was shoved at us explaining the backstory of Liam and Jareth.
I wish we could have had more time to develop the relationship and each character.

The ending came out of the blue and seemed a bit tropey. But for whatever reason, I loved this book, despite all of these problems.
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
This isn't the most well-written book I've ever read, but it was VERY sweet. The couple is so cute. Liam is a unique character and very interesting. Jareth is so kind and gentle, extremely patient and supportive, although I think the wooing went on a little long.

At one point someone suggest that Liam has Asperger's and they said no. He totally does. There are different levels, and the fact that he can't read people at all, has really poor social skills, needs help with basic skills like shopping for clothing and getting to and from places, and is highly intelligent, are just some of the symptoms that fit. But that doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad thing. He his very highly functioning, obviously.

There weren't enough women in the story, especially that were positive. There were characters that could have easily been female and weren't. I think there were six women total, two of whom were nameless and three of whom were evil. I really hate it when women writers do that. I think they perceive gay men as being anti-women or something.

I think she handled the situation with Jareth's previous love fairly well. I didn't like that practically everyone Liam met before he came to the institute was homophobic. It was ridiculous that the only ones who weren't were gay. The bosses were a threesome and I just don't like the cavalier way that was handled. It felt unrealistic and unnecessary.

As far as the sex, (mediocre, and I thought the reference to toys was way out of character and way too soon for Jareth to mention to Liam given how long the courting was due to Liam's discomfort with sex. I did, however, like that sexual things were mentioned that most books in this genre don't.

But I really loved the caring between the couple and I even thought the cat thing was good (I am not a big cat fan) even though it would never be allowed into the hospital unless it had been certified as a therapy cat or something. I would read more about this couple.

maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |
Dr. Liam McGregor spends his life in a fog but as the story develops you realize there is so much more depth to his life. Jareth Manning feels drawn to him and then very protective. This story has a bit of everything: humor, drama, romance and love. ( )
  KatyBethMcKee | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,395,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible