The Bar Code Prophecy by Suzanne Weyn

The Bar Code Prophecy

by Suzanne Weyn

After receiving her required bar code tattoo, Grace returns home to find her family gone and soon learns that she was adopted.
  lkmuir | Dec 8, 2015 |
First, I must confess I picked this up not realizing it was the 3rd book. It read just fine as a stand alone, but I am wondering if it might have seemed less disjointed to me, if I had read the previous books.

I still don't understand the juxtaposition of science fiction dystopia and prophetic spirituality in this book. It may be that I need to read the other stories to feel the connection.

This would be a good dystopia lite for a reader who wants the genre but not a 400 page novel. ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |
A decent book. I kept looking for more in the series that I wasn't getting though. There was a depth that I was seeking that was missing. But I did enjoy the series and will be looking for more by Weyn. ( )
  ShannaRedwind | Mar 31, 2013 |
The Bar Code Prophecy

by Suzanne Weyn

published by Scholastic Inc.

Frightening and amazing at the same time. Frightening because something like this could happen. Amazing because the author did a great job writing this story.

An apocalyptic tale for school age children. The bar code reminded me of the "mark of the devil' foretold in the Book of Revelations. The asteroid/space stations are the perfect answer to Wormwood.

I enjoyed the manner in which the author made the Native Americans a major part of this book. Even now, we are inundated with information from the Hopi about the 'end of days'. The author does a great job of introducing this idea into the story.

I'm not certain we will so easily differentiate between the good and the evil, but our future could be hauntingly similar to the one so skillfully created in this series.

A wonderful series by a fabulous author. ( )
  ljldml | Oct 30, 2012 |
Grace pulled her plastic junior e-card from the front pocket of her metallic silver shorts and handed it to Eric, who was working behind the desk at the rock climbing center. She had been in love with him from afar for years, and now she was up close. Very close.

The third book in the Bar Code series, in which one girl struggles to escape the conformity of a dystopian world.

Just as in the original Bar Code Tattoo, the year is 2025 and the mysterious, ubiquitous, and seemingly omnipotent multi-national corporation, Global 1, is in power through their agent President Loudon Waters. But now this ominous situation is experienced through the eyes of sixteen-year-old Grace Morrow.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:04 -0400)

The year is 2025 and the mysterious, ubiquitous, and seemingly omnipotent multi-national corporation, Global 1, is in power through their agent President Loudon Waters. But now this ominous situation is experienced through the eyes of sixteen-year-old Grace Morrow. When Grace finds out that she's adopted, her biological father, who's the head of the Global 1 nano-bot injection project, urges her against getting the bar code tattoo when she turns seventeen. Stunned by the revelations, she goes home to find her adoptive family vanished, and she's determined to find them, turning to the anti-bar-code group Decode. As they uncover more information about tracking, Grace must hide deep underground and under cover, trying to discover information that will allow Decode to figure out what Global 1 is up to, and trying desperately to shut the organization down for good.… (more)

Suzanne Weyn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible