Afterlife (The Dark Gifts, #1.5) by Willow…

Afterlife (The Dark Gifts, #1.5)

by Willow Cross

BLURB from Goodreads
Two hundred years before the battle of the fortress, a young man named William Townsend had to die.

William had big plans. He would become a valiant soldier, fall in love, have a family, and die. In fact, he was certain it would happen in that exact order. But fate is a fickle taskmaster and things almost never go as planned. And sometimes, just sometimes, your true destiny will greet you after life.

MY REVIEW
I downloaded this e-book from Amazon.co.uk when it was free! I think the cover works well, and would say the attractive girl/young woman on the front cover is Of course the vampire Angie.
This short novella tells the story of William the soldier and how he became a ghost. It was quite sad as he died quite young and hadn't totally experienced all the things he wished for in life.
The novella also explains how Angie and William met and how they became friends.
So did I enjoy the novella? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes, especially if you are needing a Dark Gifts "fix" and are between books. This could be read first before book one, even though the author has written it and numbered it 1.5 after the first Dark Gifts BK #1 Birthrights. Would I read more of this series? Yes I am going to! Would I read more by Willow Cross? Yes, I already have so think I can call myself a fan! ( )
  Sanz71 | Oct 30, 2012 |
As much as I keep my eyes open for new books released by Ms. Cross, I wonder how I missed this since she is one of my top 10 favorite authors. But, I was so glad when I saw this because it answered some questions I was unsure about. This is the beginning of Birthright and the story of how William and Angie became such good friends. She found William after he had died and they were friends from there on. This might be a short story, but well worth it for the information it contained. ( )
  JacquieTalento | May 17, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,557,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible