Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)…

Rise of the Fallen (All the King's Men, #1)

by Donya Lynne

As soon as the writer described the hero putting product in his hair I was D-O-N-E, done! I don't know why that was such a huge turn-off for me. I guess I just want my Alphas to be above worrying about how their hair looks. DNF
  AddictedReader28 | Oct 19, 2017 |
A fallen vampire who has lost a loved one is determined to end his life the most painful way he knows how to. But then a beautiful dancer saves his life one too many times. ( )
  wndy2011 | Jun 12, 2015 |
Once I start reading a book, I make myself finish it. This one sucked me in with the promise of vampires, but it just wasn't that great. I should have realized what I was getting into with that cover and all. ( )
  Athenable | Jan 10, 2014 |
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

Generally I don't like to do the comparison thing, but I feel like I sort of have to here so people get a bit of a feel of what they'll be jumping into. ALL THE KINGS MEN is sort of like a subset of The Black Dagger Brotherhood, meets Alpha Pack, meets Brotherhood of Blood.

All the Kings Men is a group of warriors trained to fight rogue shapeshifters and other problematic preternaturals.

Micah is one of the strongest on the team, but he's had a rough run with his mates and is in a VERY bad place as the story begins. He's a complex, tortured, bad boy and if you like alpha males, you can't help but love him and feel for the guy.

Sam is one of those bad a** heroines that you love to love. She holds her own, looks out for others, is sexy, savvy and smart.

Her and Micah together are absolute dynamite! The sexual chemistry of these two literally jumps off of the page and you can't help but re-read sections because they are really...just...that...good!

The supporting cast was phenomenal as well. I personally cannot wait to find out more about Trace, the myserious self appointed guardian of Micah and best friend of the couple. There is so much more than meets the eye with him and I am so excited to find out what's up.

The bad guys in this tale were nasty. Diabolical in their scheming, ruthless in their pursuit, and utterly enjoyable to read.

If you haven't gotten the hint, I loved the book. I thought it was fantastic. My one problem was the ending because I am not a fan of the cliff-hanger and Donya was a dirty tease at the end of this book. The bonus is that I don't have to wait long for book #2 to find out what the heck happens. :)

LITERAL ADDICTION gives Rise of the Fallen 4 1/2 Skulls and would recommend it to Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and all Alpha Male Vampire lovers. Definitely a great new find and I want to thank Jowanna at Pimpin' Reads for telling me I had to read it! :) ( )
  LITERALADDICTION | May 20, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,351,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible