The Earl & the Fairy, Volume 4 by Ayuko

The Earl & the Fairy, Volume 4

by Ayuko

Other authors: Mizue Tani (Original Concept)

Series: The Earl & the Fairy (4)

This is the fourth (and final) volume in the Earl and the Fairy series by Ayuko. This volume tied up things nicely. Illustration and story quality were in keeping with the previous books; well done but not spectacular.

I continue to enjoy this simple and sweet Victorian fantasy story. This book picks up where the third left off. Lydia has been trapped in a warehouse by Rosalie and is trying to escape. Much of the story continues to be focused on the mysterious Fogman.

We learn a lot about Edgar’s history in this book. Lydia and Edgar continue with light banter throughout.

The ending of the book is more realistic than fairy tale like and the story is tied up nicely. I had been hoping for a bit more romance between Lydia and Edgar, but after reading the ending I kind of like how it ended. It was very realistic and left the future open to the reader’s own imagination.

Overall this was a good ending to a engaging and sweet shoujo manga series. I enjoyed the characters, story and illustration. While this manga didn’t blow me away with it’s high quality and uniqueness; it was well done and fun diversion. I would recommend to those who enjoy historical fantasy manga with a Victorian feel to it. ( )
  krau0098 | Apr 27, 2017 |
Really, really, really enjoyed this one. Lots of cool plot stuff, including some development with Lydia and Edgar. Also there's a lot of Nico, which I enjoy.

Lydia's the stereotypical righteous heroine and Edgar is the stereotypical jaded antihero, but it so works. It also helps that the art is absolutely gorgeous. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Apr 5, 2016 |
According to cover this is the final volume.
However there is no real end. ( )
  TeamDewey | Mar 19, 2013 |

Ayukoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tani, MizueOriginal Conceptsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"Lydia has been trapped in a warehouse by Rosalie, a dangerous young woman who commands a bogey-beast and wants Edgar all to herself. What's more, Lydia has realized that she is in the storehouse where Edgar was first enslaved as a child. Can she discover the secret of his dark past, or will she fall prey to the bogey-beast's true master?" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible