The Angry Woman Suite by Lee Fullbright

The Angry Woman Suite

by Lee Fullbright

Ok. Where to start..... I will start will the positives. This book is told from three different perspectives from three different generations of people. The best way to describe the story is by saying that is the definition dysfunctional relationships in a small town. This book is very relatable, and almost so real. I thoroughly enjoyed these three stories that were all a part of one big story. I thought for sure I had figured out the meaning of the title of this book before I got half way through... Low and behold, I was completely wrong. The story took turns I definitely did not see coming. Nothing I predicted would happen, happened... nothing!
The main downfall fell into the three perspectives. At a few points, Fullbright got stuck on a perspective (story) for a such a long period of time, I got lost when the perspective changed. For a short time, I forgot who some characters where because the story had gone so far away from them, I almost forgot they existed.
Overall, this book is amazing! It is a MUST read, no matter what kind of genre you prefer to read. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
Well written but too convoluted a story for my tastes. ( )
  flippinpages | Sep 4, 2017 |
I received this book in a giveaway and as hard as it was to pull myself from my Kindle I finally did and read the book.. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it and found myself really feeling the story of the characters. I love how the author links the families and tells the story of each the book seemed hard to keep up with but, as I really sat down and read it I felt as though I really liked the story line. I loved Elyse the most and felt drawn to her character. I like that you had to read to find the ending and it didnt really end for me. I enjoyed it mostly because it took me to another place but, didn't leave me there. I will definitely read more from this author.
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
One of those intense family sagas that skip from one characters view point to another as well as from a different time period that their view takes place. Incredible family secrets and history that had me quite glued to the story with a little mystery thrown in. There are a lot of characters that contribute greatly and I found more than once I was unable to keep track however the futher into the book I got a better grasp I had. It is well worth the effort to read. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193769853X, Paperback)

2012 DISCOVERY AWARD WINNER

More From Kirkus Reviews:

"Raised in a crumbling New England mansion by four women with personalities as split as a cracked mirror, young Francis Grayson has an obsessive need to fix them all. There's his mother, distant and beautiful Magdalene; his disfigured, suffocating Aunt Stella; his odious grandmother; and the bane of his existence, his abusive and delusional Aunt Lothian. For years, Francis plays a tricky game of duck and cover with the women, turning to music to stay sane. He finds a friend and mentor in Aidan Madsen, schoolmaster, local Revolutionary War historian, musician and keeper of the Grayson women's darkest secrets. In a skillful move by Fullbright, those secrets are revealed through the viewpoints of three different people-Aidan, Francis and Francis' stepdaughter, Elyse-adding layers of eloquent complexity to a story as powerful as it is troubling. While Francis realizes his dream of forming his own big band in the 1940s, his success is tempered by the inner monster of his childhood, one that roars to life when he marries Elyse's mother. Elyse becomes her stepfather's favorite target, and her bitterness becomes entwined with a desire to know the real Francis Grayson. For Aidan's part, his involvement with the Grayson family only deepens, and secrets carried for a lifetime begin to coalesce as he seeks to enlighten Francis-and subsequently Elyse-of why the events of so many years ago matter now. The ugliness of deceit, betrayal and resentment permeates the narrative, yet there are shining moments of hope, especially in the relationship between Elyse and her grandfather. Ultimately, as more of the past filters into the present, the question becomes: What is the truth, and whose version of the truth is correct? Fullbright never untangles this conundrum, and it only adds to the richness of this exemplary novel." Kirkus Reviews

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:51 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Lee Fullbright's book The Angry Woman Suite was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Lee Fullbright is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,375,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible