Your House Is on Fire, Your Children All…

Your House Is on Fire, Your Children All Gone: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Stefan Kiesbye

Member:C.J.Schmidt
Title:Your House Is on Fire, Your Children All Gone: A Novel
Authors:Stefan Kiesbye
Info:Penguin Books (2012), Edition: 1 Original, Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:supernatural, horror, short stories, Germany, early post-war, superstition, witch-hunt, creepy children, murder, fiction

Your House Is on Fire, Your Children All Gone: A Novel by Stefan Kiesbye

Recently added byformerclarity, Moppette, private library, Schismgrl18, Nialle, aowen84, Malcomnson, Ghostly1

I couldn't put this book down but there were times when I almost wished I hadn't picked it up. It was creepy and disturbing more so than anything. I enjoyed it but I'm not sure why, and I almost feel like I shouldn't have liked it as much as I did. Its a good quick read if you don't mind more than a few messed up things in a one book.. all inflicted on children.....by children. ( )
  Klp.Krista | Apr 15, 2014 |
Ummm.....I am not sure I fully grasped what is going on in this book. Strange kids, bizarre cooking contests, a big house with a maze. SPOILER ALERT...Maybe...I'm not really sure if I know what happened...Here is what I think. A kid kills his sister for her soul to get into a carnival ride, rape, kids raping kids, more sex, dead babies, unwitting cannibalism, and they may all be ghosts?? ( )
  Djupstrom | Mar 20, 2014 |
These dark fairy tales, featuring the same group of sadistic children, seemed to work better as short stories than a novel, but I enjoyed the horror of the little German village. ( )
  lisan. | Oct 4, 2013 |
It took me 2 months to get through this book! Not b/c the writing was bad, but b/c each chapter was its own little story and I could put it down. I read it in short bursts b/c it just didn't keep my attention. It was so unrealistic and I was hoping for something more reality based...something that would really frighten me. Sadly, not the case though the writing itself was good. ( )
  campingmomma | Aug 21, 2013 |
I was very excited for this book but I think perhaps I lost something in listening to the audio book, rather than reading the print. First of all, the sound quality on the audio left something to be desired. Some chapters were loud, some soft, some didn't sound like they were in stereo, etc. My biggest problem was with the names and keeping track of who was who among the boys. The story itself was chilling and compelling and I think I would give it a reread in print format. ( )
  castironskillet | Aug 13, 2013 |

A village on the Devil's Moor: a place untouched by time and shrouded in superstition. There is the grand manor house whose occupants despise the villagers, the small pub whose regulars talk of revenants, the old mill no one dares to mention. This is where four young friends come of age--in an atmosphere thick with fear and suspicion. Their innocent games soon bring them face-to-face with the village's darkest secrets.… (more)

53 wanted1 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,782,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible