Will Oldham on Bonnie Prince Billy by Will…

Will Oldham on Bonnie "Prince" Billy

by Will Oldham, Alan Licht (Editor)

bio (1) biography (2) interviews (1) May 2012 (1) music (6) non-fiction (3) Norton (1) read (1) to-read (4) travel (1) US (1)

Update 13 Nov 2012: I attended a show that featured Bonnie Prince Billy and I wrote about it here:

One of the most interesting interviews I have ever read. I wish it hadn't ended. And I wish I could do this book more justice by writing a better review. But for now this must do. Too engaged with other things such as D. H. Lawrence who is wearing me out. (In a good way.)

Some news about BPB found here:

And be sure to watch the new video of "I See a Darkness":
http://video.nytimes.com/video/2012/05/07/t-magazine/100000001532212/i-see-a-dar... ( )
1 vote MSarki | Mar 31, 2013 |

Will Oldhamprimary authorall editionscalculated
Licht, AlanEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed

A captivating and revelatory glimpse into the life of one of the most critically acclaimed and enigmatic musicians working today.

The man who acts under the name Will Oldham and sings and composes under the name Bonnie “Prince” Billy has, over the past quarter-century, made an idiosyncratic journey through, and an indelible mark on, the worlds of indie rock and independent cinema. These conversations with longtime friend and associate Alan Licht probe his highly individualistic approach to music making and the music industry, one that cherishes intimacy, community, mystery, and spontaneity. Exploring Oldham’s travels and artistic influences while discussing his experiences with such disparate figures as Johnny Cash, Bjork, James Earl Jones, and R. Kelly, the book conveys the brilliance that has captivated fans and made Oldham one of our most influential and beloved songsmiths.

Oldham has declared this book his “last interview”—an essential guide to his life and career. Featuring a full discography, it offers the most in-depth look we may ever get of this fascinating cult figure. 11 illustrations

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:50 -0400)

A collection of conversations between Licht and Will Oldham, aka musician Bonnie Prince Billy, about his 2 personas and his life in music and film. Presenting conversations with longtime friend and associate, the author probes his highly individualistic approach to music making and the music industry, one that cherishes notions of intimacy, community, mystery, and spontaneity.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,478 books! | Top bar: Always visible