Odd Interlude: 2 by Dean Koontz

Odd Interlude: 2

by Dean Koontz

We're getting into the meat of the story! I hope #3 wraps it up nicely. ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
Welcome back! Glad you found me. Now, let's talk about Odd Interlude #2.

This continuation of the first novella is full to the brim with action, mystery, horribly happenings and hilarious moments. I have read lengthy novels that weren't half as interesting as this novella.

Odd has to make some hard decisions in this book that I didn't expect. I loved every one of them, just didn't think he would go there. Odd changed a lot during the previous book in the main series, Odd Hours, and has grown into a tougher character. Things are getting darker for the poor, clairvoyant fry-cook from Pico Mundo, but I love dark.

I really can't say much about this one without spoiling something, but I will say that I couldn't put this down until I was done. I'm a slow, slow, terribly slow... did I mention slow... reader. I feed off every sentence. I can spend five minutes on one page, analyzing every nuance of a good string of sentences and paragraphs. I couldn't do that with Odd Interlude #2. It was simply too much fun. I had to know what waited for me on the next page.

We're let into the head of Jolie Ann Harmony this time around. Her and Odd's segments jump back and forth like a tennis match. I was caught a little off guard by this, but quickly switched gears and made the correct adjustments. Still I wondered how in the world Odd got inside her head. All that is explained by the end of the complete story, but I wanted to warn you that we're not solely with Odd this time around. The introduction of Jolie's thoughts was fresh and inventive. I loved everything she had to show me. Wonders abound, sci fi goodness pops up, and I'm grinning like a the nerd I am all the way through.

Oh, for the love of Tom Cruise, this was good. But, I will reiterate what I said in my last review. If you have trouble suspending your disbelief, go away, run far from this one. Me? It brought back my childhood. I was that kid reading The Time Machine or The Island of Dr. Moreau for the first time. Those two books have nothing in common with Odd Interlude #2, other than the fact that they are beyond entertaining, bordering on science fiction perfection.

This one ends with yet another cliffhanger worthy of a Sylvester Stallone movie, so be prepared. Fun times all around. I'd give this puppy six stars if I could.

Wow. Just... wow.

E. ( )
  Edward.Lorn | Feb 13, 2015 |
I read the ebook version from the library. It was really good. I can't wait to read the 3rd and final part and then Odd Apocalypse! ( )
  Barb_H | Apr 1, 2013 |
I'm so glad to be back in the world of Odd Thomas. Odd's interaction with Jolie is terrific and endearing. He seems to get along with children far better than adults. I did hope to see more from Annamaria, but perhaps that's coming. ( )
  monica67 | Aug 31, 2012 |

Is contained in

Nestled on a lonely stretch along the Pacific coast, quaint roadside outpost Harmony Corner offers everything a weary traveler needs—a cozy diner, a handy service station, a cluster of motel rooms . . . and the Harmony family homestead presiding over it all. But when Odd Thomas and company stop to spend the night, they discover that there’s more to this secluded haven than meets the eye—and that between life and death, there is something more frightening than either.

Nestled on a lonely stretch along the Pacific coast, quaint roadside outpost Harmony Corner offers everything a weary traveler needs--a cozy diner, a handy service station, a cluster of motel rooms ... and the Harmony family homestead presiding over it all. But when Odd Thomas and company stop to spend the night, they discover that there's more to this secluded haven than meets the eye--and that between life and death, there is something more frightening than either.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,737,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible