Writing Winning Business Plans by Ann…

Writing Winning Business Plans (edition 2012)

by Ann Carrington

Collections:Your library, Non-fiction, Business
Tags:nonfiction, business

Writing winning business plans : how-to and do-it-yourself by Ann Carrington

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Business plans are a blueprint for businesses, both established and brand new ventures. Writing Winning Business Plans helps to write one step by step. The book is separated by topic: Business Plan Positioning; Business Plan Overview; Investors and Fundraising; Starting a Business Venture; Executive Summary; Business Overview; History and Current Business; Marketing Plan; Product or Services Plan; Sales Plan; Web Plan; Organization Plan; Financial Plan; Business Plan; and Business Plan Presentation.

Each section goes deep into what is needed. Examples are included to explain further and prompting ideas and responses from the reader. For example, Marketing Plan explains the Marketing Niche, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis, and Regulatory Restrictions. The Marketing Plan sample is from a fictional design house with hypothetical charts to help incorporate stuff like market trends and promotional strategies, which may changes with a different business.

For those that would like different approaches to distributing and giving a business plan presentation, Writing Winning Business Plans shows what a finished business plan looks like in both text and power point formats, as well as help with a business plan pitch. A sample business plan presentation invitation is included.

Useful for those who have never tackled a business plan as well as those who would like to update their current one, this book is straight to the point. ( )
  RShelton | Nov 20, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A very clear and consise book that would be very helpful to anyone needing help in writing a business plan. With this current economy more and more people will have to crerate their own future. This book would be quite helpful in explaining what is need to map out a plan for a new start-up business. The book includes in addition to business plans, operating plans and even fundraising strategies. The sample forms, agreements and checklists are also helpful. Nice book for someone that is not a financial expert. ( )
  realbigcat | Nov 18, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Everything you need to know about writing a successful business plan, from start to finish, is in this book. The material is comprehensive and dry, which makes sense for its target audience of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals tasked with aiding startups rather than, say, an introduction to business class. It is as much referential as it is a step-by-step guide.

My only real complaint is regarding the charts and graphs. They are low quality and too often the graphic print is improperly formatted. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Aug 13, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as a part of the Early Reviewer series at Library Thing. I teach in an MBA program at a local university. One of my courses is Business Plans. This book is perfect for the course. It uses the fashion business as a model and challenges the reader to do a business plan themselves. Hence, the DYI aspect to the series of which this book is a only one part. A bit to detailed for the average(non-MBA type student/learner to digest, it is a very good overview for the MBA student to use in preparing his or her business plan. I can also see this books being used in Business School competitions..... but overall a bit too dry and mechanical. I would have like to see a broader range of businesses..... but beggers can't be choosers. If you have to complete a Business Plan for your business, there are better resources out there such as Rhoda Abrams - Successful Business Plans (5th ed.), but if you want a book to supplement or round out the list, this book is certainly a fine example. ( )
  pmfloyd1 | Aug 7, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a comprehensive book on how to write business plans. I have read and examine several books on this topic and this is well-written and easy to comprehend. The author used a fictitious clothing business to demonstrate how to write the various business plans, which gave an illustrative example for the reader. Any individual could take the information from the various chapters and use it as a guide to write the various business plans needed from the concept, start-up, and on-going aspects of a business. The book has a special index in the back identifying sample forms, agreements, and checklists discussed throughout the book. I would highly recommend this book for any individual interested in business plans, as well as for library collection dealing with business. ( )
  garets86 | Jul 20, 2012 |
Acquired this book as an Early Reviewer project. I have not had a chance to delve deeply into the book, so this review will discuss the parts that I have read.

Based on writing the business plan for a fashion business was the model used, and some of the ideas may or may not translate well to other industries, i.e. cottage industry farming (which is why I requested this book, as that is the business I want to build). There are lots of good ideas for the entrepreneurial-minded, and reminds the reader that a comprehensive business plan is critical from the early stages.

Of note: LibraryThing STILL isn't finding this book anywhere to be added to my library, and even though this book is released, it doesn't appear on Amazon or many of the other major outlets; I have to add this book manually. I did find the information on Barnes&Noble. Furthermore, even though I have manually added this book, it isn't showing up on my early reviewers page as having been reviewed; therefore I am marking this book as not rec'd on that page. I have never had this happen with an early review book before, and will probably not request any more from this publisher in the future.
added by NQTBradyBunch | editLibraryThing Early Reviewers, NQTBradyBunch

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Writing Winning Business Plans by Ann Carrington was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,343,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible