Dark Film by Paul Farley

Info:Picador USA (2012), Paperback, 64 pages
Collections:Read 2012, Your library
Tags:Poetry, PBS choice

The Dark Film by Paul Farley

The Dark Film has poems that help us see the everyday in a different light. In particular, in this collection the author has many poems about places, often the unnoticed urban spaces such as electricity substations (such places are also the subject of his non-fiction book Edgelands, written with fellow poet Michael Symmons Roberts).

I was led to this poet by liking Simon Armitage, so if you enjoy his work give Paul Farley a go too. ( )
  rrmmff2000 | Jul 4, 2012 |

The Dark Film, Paul Farley's first collection since the highly acclaimed Tramp in Flames, expands the poet's research into 'the art of seeing', and all that humans project of themselves into the world. Farley's great poetic gift is his ability to switch between the local and the universal, the present and the historical past, with the most apparently effortless of gear changes; he brings to our immediate attention things previously hidden -- whether out of sight, in the periphery of our vision, or right under our noses. The Dark Film is a profound meditation on time, on the untold stories of our history, and on the act of human beholding -- as well as Farley's most richly entertaining and rewarding collection to date.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:38 -0400)

'The Dark Film', Paul Farley's first collection since the highly acclaimed 'Tramp in Flames', expands the poet's research into 'the art of seeing', and all that humans project of themselves into the world.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,670,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible