Inkarna by Nerine Dorman

Inkarna

by Nerine Dorman

721,138,814 (4)None

Wow, this book was quite something! I am going to give it 4 STARS. I recently read another book that had to do with Egyptian Mythology that I really enjoyed, but this was a whole different style book. “Inkarna” is dark and AWESOME! I am not sure if there is going to be a sequel or if this book will be a stand-alone novel, but either way I was happy with how it ended. Of course, I would love it if there was a sequel because then I would just get to find out more about these incredible characters!

Lizzie Perry was supposed to be reincarnated as a 3 year old girl…but she wasn’t. Nope, instead she is reincarnated as Ashton Kennedy – Goth/rocker-wannabe/trouble maker. A female reincarnated as a male, fully aware that she was reincarnated, was definitely something Lizzie needed to get used to. She needed to learn how to live Ashton’s day to day life, and also how to stay away from the trouble that Ashton caused in those days. In the beginning of this book I was thinking of Lizzie as “in Ash’s body” and towards the end I was just thinking of her as Ash.

Nerine Dorman definitely had me thinking more about reincarnation. I always wondered if it were true and if I would be reincarnated one day. I hope that if it is real then I don’t have the same complications as Lizzie!

“Inkarna” was a great read that was full of emotions and conflict. I loved the detail the author put in to everything and I loved her characters. I hope there is a sequel so I can learn more about them and everything else going on. Ms. Dorman definitely did her job in keeping me interested.

Brianna Lee Book Reviews
http://www.briannaleereviews.blogspot.com ( )
  briannaleereviews | Aug 10, 2012 |
Lizzie, or Nefretkheperi, is an inkarna, a person whose spirit can knowingly return from the dead to inhabit another body. Dying in 1966, she is meant to return in 2007 to take over the body of three-year-old Catherine van Vuuren. Instead she finds herself waking to life in the body of Ashton Kennedy, five years later. Kennedy is not a very nice fellow. Elizabeth finds that he has a lot of enemies and a steady girlfriend. She also finds that the South Africa she left behind has changed a lot. She handles the changes almost too well, which is a weakness in the novel. She also finds that there are intrigues that she has to handle and occult war that she has to fight, both with the shade that she has displaced, and with a rival occult house. In the process she also has to deal with past love and rivalry and present love.

It's a well-told tale, by a novelist whose skill is developing, and who manages here to straddle dark fantasy and romance with real ease. ( )
  Fledgist | May 18, 2012 |

Ashton Kennedy wasn't a nice guy. He cheated on his girlfriend, knocked up a powerful drug lord's sister, and abused vast quantities of illegal narcotic substances. Whoever ran him over with a big shiny SUV was doing the world a favour. His very male, tattooed body is the last place Elizabeth Rae Perry--a member of an ancient Egyptian cult--expected to reincarnate in, instead of the three-year-old girl she'd been promised. Not only must she now come to terms with her new existence in the body of a disagreeable man, and clean up the mess he made of his life, she also has to unravel the mystery of why House Adamastor's chapter house is standing empty and find a way to protect a dangerous secret she had no idea she was supposed to keep. As if fate couldn't deal her another blow, she has also attracted the attention of a malicious and potentially dangerous ghost. And to top it all off, she must deal with the consequences of finding love in a most unexpected place.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,696,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible