Unknowing (Story One) by Diantha Jones

Unknowing (Story One)

by Diantha Jones

212,551,640 (3.5)None
Recently added byDianthaJones, sedelia

This story surprised me with how well done it is. At the beginning, I wasn't sure about it; thinking that all the mundane details made for a kind of boring story. Thomas sat and stared at people and for awhile, I wondered where the story could possibly go. And then Miranda came, seemingly knowing way too much about Thomas without any explanation. With the revelation, all made sense and I was wowed. The set-up is so perfectly done that the ending has a huge payoff. Kudos to the author for a brilliant lead-in.

The only thing I wanted was more development. For a story with this subject, I wanted to know more about the characters. I wanted to see what happened to Thomas after Melinda's announcement. I definitely wanted to know more about Melinda, her background, and her feelings about the whole situation. I hope to see this in subsequent stories, though I really think this story is more suited to novels than short stories for the development it requires to become truly fantastic.

All in all, it's a great, fast read. Definitely worth the 99 cents on Kindle. Check it out! ( )
  sedelia | Jun 1, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,490,336 books! | Top bar: Always visible