Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Litwin

Pete the Cat Saves Christmas (edition 2012)

by Eric Litwin, James Dean (Illustrator)

2201052,892 (3.64)2
Member:emtimmins
Title:Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
Authors:Eric Litwin
Other authors:James Dean (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Holiday, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Christmas, giving, kindness, love, sharing, trying

Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Litwin

Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by James Dean is a cute book, but not particularly memorable. I loved seeing Santa and his elves as cats, but otherwise there is nothing groundbreaking. I would recommend this as a read-aloud for preschoolers through second grade. ( )
  R.K.G. | May 2, 2014 |
All right, I have to admit this one grew on me as I read it. Things I like: Key West, the minibus, "This is totally groovy!", and "Small is cool." I also like that the "giving" in the story is not about gifts but about helping. I am not wild about the rhyme, but I get that it is echoing "The Night Before Christmas," so I will try to embrace it in the holiday spirit. :) ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
(musical notes dancing around)
Give it your all!
Give it your all!
At Christmas we give....
so give it your all!

My kindergartners absolutely love this way cool cat. And his Christmas adventure, in which he saves the day after Santa comes down with a cold, does not disappoint. Pete the Cat may be small but he's willing to give it his all (because that's what we all do at Christmas). And a groovy van pulled by reindeer doesn't hurt. Pair this with the video clip from the publisher for an over-the-top-fun Christmas read-aloud. ( )
  KimJD | Apr 8, 2013 |
When Santa falls sick on Christmas Eve, he calls on Pete (the Santa/Pete caller id on the cell phones made me laugh out loud) to save the day. Not one to be traditional, Pete heads out around the world in his reindeer-drawn mini-bus, groovin’ all the way. Silliness abounds, but there’s also a message of giving, both in the spirit of Christmas and of your best effort. ( )
  novalibrarymom | Mar 31, 2013 |

'Twas the day before Christmas and Santa was ill.
In the cold winter wind he had caught a bad chill.
Will Christmas be canceled? Will it come to that?
"Never!" cried Santa.
"Let's call Pete the Cat!"

In this rockin' new spin on the traditional tale The Night Before Christmas, Pete the Cat proves that giving your all in the spirit of Christmas is the totally groovy thing to do.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:31 -0400)

When Santa falls ill and Christmas may have to be canceled, Pete the cat comes to the rescue.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,975,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible