Skewered Halo by Brenda Youngerman

Skewered Halo

by Brenda Youngerman

761,138,814 (3.75)None

This book was very well written but not really my cup of tea. I found that there was just too many things happening to Diane for it all to be believable. Having raised children of my own I don't see how the parents in this story could have been so blind to what was going on because for all intents and purposes they seemed normal about everything else except Diane.
I was kind of surprised when the book ended, I was thinking I must have missed some pages.
If you like women's fiction you will like this book, it gives 'dysfunctional family' a whole new meaning!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising*

debr56 | Dec 31, 2014 |
I apologize in advance for this short review. I have been sick and just cannot get over this sinus infection that I have.

Wow! What a book. If you are looking for something that will pull at your heart, make you want to weep while reading the story and cheer for the main character then this is the book for you.

Diane is the main character in this book. The secondary main character is Gary who ends up being her husband. Diane and Gary have the perfect life on the outside looking in. However we all know how that is never the case.

Diane is a librarian. Oh wow. To be in a building working all the time with books. I would love a career like this but I would be fired in the first week. All I would be able to do is read books. Forget putting them back on the shelves and helping people check out book. I just want to read all of the.

Gary is suppose to be an architect. The author does not elaborate a lot into his career. Just pay a lot of attention to this character when reading. That is all I am going to say about him.

This book covers several decades of Diane’s life it has a great flow and very interesting to read. I loved the plot of this book and the characters (well at least one of them) had me hooked before the end of the first chapter.

Just have a box of tissue’s handy because you will need them.

The Bunnies and I give this book 5 carrots.

Thanks for a great read Brenda. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
Skewered Halo by Brenda Youngerman

Skewered Halo is quite the story you get so caught up in this novel that you can hardly put it down. Brenda Youngerman has written a novel that is all I can say if full of family drama, suspense, mystery and its one of those books that you need to know what happened so you can’t put it down.

Diane Newsome has had quite the life, a childhood that her sister has made her feel like she never belonged, she was a piece of garbage she tormented her with these lies that she stayed in the background thinking if she made any complaints or didn’t do well her family would get rid of her. College life was no better accused of being a murder for a short time; the she got married and lost everything....now all she wants is to find her children. How can one woman overcome all this and still be sane? Diane character is strong and overcomes so many obstacles you know she is a survivor.

Skewered Halo is quite the story, following Diane’s life and everything that happens to her you are amazed with her strength. I thought the entire book was well written, characters descriptions were done well. Now I will warn you that the ending was the only downfall but in saying that I do believe you should still go read this book. If you enjoy women’s fiction/mystery/suspense and at time you feel your heart shudder for Diane you should pick up this book. I was truly shocked with how the events unfolded.

TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |

Diane Newsome is the middle child born into a middle-class family. Her older sister, Brittany, has resented her existence from the moment she was born.Unbeknownst to their parents, Brittany convinces Diane that she was placed on the doorstep as an unwanted child, and she dare not make a wrong move or her place in the family will be in jeopardy.Years later, when Diane finally divulges this secret, her parents are aghast, yet her mother still sides with Brittany, even shunning Diane and her children.Then one day Diane comes home to find her entire life has been a lie ... and everything she held true was fabricated.Skewered Halo tells an incredible tale of murder, mayhem and treachery that delves into the bottomless depths of hatred and jealousy.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,727,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible