Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by…

Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World (edition 2012)

by Michael Hyatt

115None104,439 (3.93)1
Member:Tracykrauss
Title:Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World
Authors:Michael Hyatt
Info:Thomas Nelson (2012), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:*****

Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt

This is a great guide for anyone who has something to say. Digital marketing 101 written in an easy to read and understand style.

Very impressed. ( )
  damienfranco | Aug 22, 2013 |
If you're starting an online business or using social media to promote your business, you must read this book. Advice on how to engage an online audience from every aspect, the theoretical motivation and technical aspects. Hyatt's style is approachable and enthusiastic. ( )
  MorganGMac | Mar 7, 2013 |
Michael Hyatt is an expert on the subject and this book delivers. Everything you wanted to know about platform building and then some. Why not go to the master himself? ( )
  Tracykrauss | Jan 5, 2013 |
A rich incredibly practical guide for building a platform in today's world. This book is so well laid out I highlighted it and gave to my children and said here, "You'll get $20 if you read this book and who knows what you'll get if you follow through with what it says. I'll help when you're ready." ( )
  williamguice | Jun 6, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159555503X, Hardcover)

Michael Hyatt, one of the top business bloggers in the world, provides down-to-earth guidance for building and expanding a powerful platform.

To be successful in the market today, you must possess two strategic assets: a compelling product and a meaningful platform. In this step-by-step guide, Michael Hyatt, former CEO and current Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers, takes readers behind the scenes, into the new world of social media success. He shows you what best-selling authors, public speakers, entrepreneurs, musicians, and other creatives are doing differently to win customers in today’s crowded marketplace. Hyatt speaks from experience. He writes one of the top 800 blogs in the world and has more than 100,000 followers on Twitter. His large and growing platform serves as the foundation for his successful writing, speaking, and consulting practice.

In Platform, Hyatt will teach readers not only how to extend their influence, but also how to monetize it and build a sustainable career. The key? By building a platform. It has never been easier, less expensive, or more possible than right now. . .  The book includes:

proven strategies easy-to-replicate formulas practical tips

Social media technologies have changed everything. Now, for the first time in history, non-celebrities can get noticed—and win big!—in an increasingly noisy world.

Endorsements:

“I’ve known Michael Hyatt for more than a decade, and during that time I’ve seen him master just about every social media platform that’s hit the scene. He’s used blogging, Facebook, Twitter and more to expand his personal platform from a successful book publisher to a leading national brand of his own. Trust me, this guy knows what he’s talking about—so pay attention!” —DAVE RAMSEY, New York Times Best-selling Author, Host, “The Dave Ramsey Show”

“A generous book from a man who knows what he's talking about. Michael Hyatt has built a platform, and you can too." —SETH GODIN, New York Times Best-selling Author, We Are All Weird

Platform is absolutely essential to delivering value. As a big fan of Michael Hyatt, I’m excited he’s sharing this with you. Your job? Learn about this and implement it. Your success depends on it.” —CHRIS BROGAN, President, Human Business Works, New York Times Best-selling Author

“Michael Hyatt is the authority on creating a platform in our crowded world, and Platform is the definitive, step-by-step guide to building a platform—from the ground up. If you're longing to become a true influencer in this world, Hyatt can teach you how. With Platform, Hyatt's done the near-impossible: create a guide even more useful than his wildly popular blog!” CLAIRE DÍAZ ORTIZ, Social Innovation, Twitter, Inc.

“I have watched Michael Hyatt build his own platform from the ground up to become one of the largest in the world. And he has done so with the strategies and tips he outlines in this very practical book. Any author, speaker, or small business owner who wants a blueprint for getting the attention and visibility they want, needs to read this book.” JOHN C. MAXWELL, New York Times Best-selling Author, and Leadership Expert

“Michael Hyatt is a pioneer in social media who is now generously sharing his 'secrets' with those of us who have been marveling at his success for many years. Whether you are a seasoned writer, blogger, speaker and social media enthusiast, or just now starting out, this book will help you take that next step and begin to build a platform of your own.” DAN T. CATHY, President & COO, Chick-fil-A, Inc.

“In today's world, having an idea isn't enough to land a book or record deal, get a movie made or find funding for your startup.  You need a platform: A connected following that's ready to try, buy and spread the word. Finally, in a single book, the blueprint for your platform is revealed by blog wunderkind Michael Hyatt.  You'll finish this book slowly, because his simple but powerful advice will interrupt you with go-do-it-now urgency. Read it and expand your influence.” TIM SANDERS, Former Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo, Author of Today We Are Rich

“When I finished the last page of Platform, I realized I had more actionable notes from the book than from any other business book I’ve read in years.  This is the definitive guidebook for building an online presence.  Michael Hyatt, one of the pioneers of social networking and blogging, shares his successful blueprint for raising your visibility.  Learn from his experience and save yourself time, money, and frustration by following his step-by-step advice.” SKIP PRICHARD, President & CEO, Ingram Content Group, Inc.

“Yes, talent, desire and passion are key elements for success as an author, musician, artist, coach or speaker. But this book identifies the elephant in the room—the other 90% of the process necessary to have a voice in today’s arena.”  —DAN MILLER, Creative thinker at 48Days.net and  Author of, 48 Days to the Work You Love

“For the last five years, if I ever had a question about platform building, social media or standing out amidst the clutter, I turned to one place—Michael Hyatt. As an author who turned a blog into a book and made countless mistakes along the way, I couldn't get my hands on Platform fast enough. Michael Hyatt has written THE handbook to one of the biggest cultural revolutions in the last fifty years.” —JON ACUFF, Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of Quitter: Closing the Gap Between YourDay Job & Your Dream Job

“Michael Hyatt has given much of his professional career to helping others achieve their potential. And he helps others by pioneering a way and then teaching people his way. In Platform, he's accumulated the best of his counsel and advice. If you'd like to expand your influence, read Platform and then read it again.” – DONALD MILLER,  New York Times Best-selling Author of Blue Like Jazz

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:21 -0400)

"When there were three TV channels and two kinds of toothpate, quality alone could sell itself. But in a global economy crowded with millions of competitors, quality is just the beginning. The real challenge is getting the attention of those who might buy your product or service. Two little words have combined to make this easier, less expensive, and more possible than ever: social media. Websites, blogs, apps, and social networks, used in concert and with savvy, can connect you with a global audience."--Dustjacket flap.… (more)

44 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible