We Love Color: 16 Iconic Quilt Designers…

We Love Color: 16 Iconic Quilt Designers Create with Kona Solids

by Susanne Woods

251428,870 (5)None

‘We Love Color’ is a compilation of quilts made by many designers, compiled by Susanne Woods. All of the quilts are made using solid Kaufman Cotton Solids. Kaufman Cottons are a favorite of mine. I love making paper-pieced stars from them. There are over 200 colors in the Kaufman Cottons line, and at the back of the book, you can see the colors, their names and item numbers. I usually don’t like books that use one fabric line, because by the time you get the book, that line is usually discontinued. Not so with the Kaufman Cotton Solids line, that has been around for more than 30 years. This book shows the exact colors that are used in the quilts, and if you like the quilt in those colors, they are easy to replicate.
There are 16 different quilts in We Love Color. The book contains quilts with a variety for quilter’s skills, beginner to intermediate. I saw 4 quilts that really appealed to me.
Little Landscapes features 2 quilts designed by Jean Wells. They are free-form landscape quilts, where she teaches how to sew gentle curves. They are very nice!
Lupine has been designed by Emily Cier. Her quilt features octagons, which make it very interesting.
Orbit is another free-form quilt, designed by Jennifer Sampou, made with appliquéd circles. It would make a very unique quilt, unlike any other quilter’s.
Spring will Come, by Kajsa Wikman, really does depict spring. It is another appliquéd quilt, with a white background, with many bright leaves, and a bird at the top. It is a very clean, clear and simple quilt that looks gorgeous!
When you read this We Love Color, you will find something that appeals to you, and it is hard to believe that they are all made from solid fabrics!
http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=2567 ( )
  jbbkelsey | May 19, 2012 |

Presents project instructions for sixteen quilts using solid color designs, with tips on techniques and color combination ideas for every skill level.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,631,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible