The Unseen Volume 1: It Begins/Rest In Peace…

The Unseen Volume 1: It Begins/Rest In Peace

by Richie Tankersley Cusick

2 in 1 (1) agent! (1) AR 5 (1) B17 (1) fantasy (1) fiction (3) horror (1) speculative fiction (1) teen (1) to-read (1) YA (4)

This is a really interesting book and I wasn't expecting to be as into it as I am. A young woman, Lucy has just lost her mom to illness and she is thrust into a new town called Pine Ridge with her over-zealous and cold aunt Irene and her cousin Angela whose favorite past time is berating Lucy and making her feel anything less of home sweet home. Angela is a witch to Lucy and Lucy is still in shock and grieving for her old life and her mom so one night to get some fresh air and escape her relatives she wanders outside. Quickly she feels like she's being followed and stumbles into an old cemetery to hide. She falls into an open grave where there is a dying girl inside who has had her neck ripped open and the girl seems to do something to Lucy.
The next day Lucy think she could of imagined all of this but there is a scar on her hand from where the dying girl touched her and it seems she is starting to have impossible visions and feelings.
This book follows two POVs. One from Lucy's perspective and 2 from this unknown man/character/demon who likes to hunt, kill, maim and so on and apparently has a hot thing for Lucy.
I was turning the pages so fast, and I was thoroughly creeped out.
I'm now reading book 3 and 4 and I cannot wait to find out what happens next! ( )
  KatieHeflin | Jun 14, 2014 |
3.5 stars. I'm debating whether to read the next one... Hhmmmm ( )
  patsaintsfan | May 23, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 014242336X, Paperback)

Out walking alone one rainy night, Lucy becomes convinced that someone--or something--is following her. Soon she begins having terrifying visions and dreams--and she still can't shake the feeling of an unseen presence, always watching, waiting . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:02 -0400)

It begins: After a horrifying encounter in a graveyard, Lucy cannot get over feeling that she is being watched, but is unwilling to trust the one person who might be able to help her.Rest in peace: Having survived the accident that killed her friend Byron, Lucy tries to cope with her new powers as she attempts to figure out who--or what--is stalking her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,137,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible