Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds

Creepy Carrots! (edition 2012)

by Aaron Reynolds, Peter Brown (Illustrator), Aaron Reynolds (Author)

Member:butterbrodt
Title:Creepy Carrots!
Authors:Aaron Reynolds
Other authors:Peter Brown (Illustrator), Aaron Reynolds (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Fantasy, Published After 2000, Picture Book
Tags:rabbit, carrots, defense, psychological thriller, reverse psychology, haunting, twilight zone

Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds

Japser loves carrots so much that everything he passes through Crackenhpper Field he helps himself to carrots - big fat, crisp, free for the taking carrots. Then one day Jasper began to think the carrots were following him. Yes, the carrots were following him! Although this delightful picture book isn't a Halloween story, it is creepy and spooky enough to be read for a holiday filled with ghosts, goblins and other sinister creatures. Added to this mix are some excellent pencil and digitally colored mood-creating black, white, grey illustrations with a touch of orange for the carrots ( )
  JacquelineWelsh | Feb 21, 2017 |
Creepy Carrots is about a little Rabbit named Jasper who loved Carrots. He would pick them from a field and eat them up. Soon carrots started to follow him. At first he thought it was his imagination but they were every where. He tried telling mom and dad but they didn't believe him. Then he decided to build a fence around the carrot field so they could not get out and get him.

I really can not relate to creepy carrots following me around but I have over indulged in some of my favorite foods before and felt really bad after. I think this book is really cute for children and the suspense really gets to them when you read it to them.

In the class we would eat carrots that day for snack. The children can choose their favorite foods and we can pretend that they are following us around the classroom or even on the playground. We would graph our favorite vegetables.
  Kirsten05 | Feb 12, 2017 |
The carrots that grow in a field called Crackenhopper field are the fattest, crispiest carrots around. Jasper Rabbit cannot resist pulling some rabbits out of the ground as he walks past them. He begins hearing and seeing creepy carrots wherever he goes, so he devises a plan to try to get rid of them. This book is categorized as fantasy because the rabbits in the story talk and the carrots move around, but the idea of being scared of the dark and monsters being being in a child's room is a real fear for kids. Alos, the theme of taking something that isn't yours to take is present throughout the book. Genre: Fantasy Age Appropriateness: Intermediate ( )
  allieburks | Feb 3, 2017 |
A rabbit named Jasper loves to eat carrots from the Crackenhopper Field. Until they start to haunt him. Jasper goes crazy because of the creepy carrots and makes a giant wall around the field so the carrots can't get out. In the end its what the carrots wanted! The book is fantasy because the rabbit lives his life like a human and carrots come to life. ( )
  jessminson | Jan 29, 2017 |
This book is about Jasper Rabbit and how he stops stealing carrots from the garden after his conscience makes him feel guilty...however, at the end the reader finds that the carrots were working together to scare Jasper Rabbit and in turn stop him from eating their friends. This book is an example of fantasy because there is personification in Jasper Rabbit and the carrots. I don't know how believable this book is as fantasy because the reader doesn't find out the carrots are living and it was their plan all along until the very last page.
  Khegge15 | Jan 23, 2017 |

Aaron Reynoldsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The carrots that grow in Crackenhopper Field are the fattest and crispiest around and Jasper Rabbit cannot resist pulling some to eat each time he passes by, until he begins hearing and seeing creepy carrots wherever he goes.

22 wanted2 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,511,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible