Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds

Creepy Carrots! (edition 2012)

by Aaron Reynolds, Peter Brown (Illustrator), Aaron Reynolds (Author)

Member:butterbrodt
Title:Creepy Carrots!
Authors:Aaron Reynolds
Other authors:Peter Brown (Illustrator), Aaron Reynolds (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 40 pages
Collections:Fantasy, Published After 2000, Picture Book
Tags:rabbit, carrots, defense, psychological thriller, reverse psychology, haunting, twilight zone

Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds

2013 (5) animals (19) black and white (6) bunnies (22) Caldecott (11) Caldecott Honor (18) carrots (65) children's (8) creepy (25) fantasy (15) fear (15) fears (6) fiction (23) food (14) funny (11) Halloween (34) holidays (5) humor (26) imagination (12) monsters (7) PBRI2013 (6) picture book (50) rabbits (56) read aloud (7) scary (36) signed (6) spooky (7) suspense (6) to-read (6) vegetables (14)

I really enjoyed this silly tale about "Jasper the Rabbit" and his carrot related adventures. Jasper loves eating carrots, but one day, the carrots begin to chase him! He finally builds a fence around the carrots to keep them contained, but this is actually what the carrots wanted all along, and now they don't have to worry about that rabbit Jasper eating them. ( )
  alarso2 | May 19, 2014 |
This is a story about a rabbit who eats and eats all the carrots from a field, but one day these carrots begin to scare him. He is terrified, but no one else seems to see what he sees. He finally decides to contain them with a large fence. Little did this rabbit know this was all part of the carrots' plan to not be eaten anymore. ( )
  azlanshae | May 8, 2014 |
I absolutely adored everything about this book! The main idea of this story is to always keep the reader on their toes and to keep the suspenseful feeling throughout the entire story. I really enjoyed the illustrations in this story. The use of color was intriguing to the eye. The carrots were always a vibrant orange and set off a radiating feeling throughout the pages, especially when they were chasing the poor rabbit away! Another aspect I enjoyed about this book was that I felt as if I was watching a film while I was reading. The eerie and anticipating feeling throughout the story made me want to know more and more about what exactly was going to happen! ( )
  laurenbutcher | Apr 28, 2014 |
I loved the illustrations in this book, most of them were black and white with maybe just hints of color but all the Creepy Carrots were a nice orange and they really stood out. I liked how the muted colors created a creepy feeling. I liked how the edges of the pages were dark and faded to help create the mood of mystery and a sense of fear. I liked how when the rabbit was sneaking across the field, there were several different drawing of him, each one closer to the front of the page than the last to show the depth and movement of the rabbit. I liked how the illustrator used the classic drawing of a light bulb over Jaspers head when he finally got the idea of how to stop the creepy carrots. The theme of this book was all about imagination, suspense and two opposing sides pitted against each other. ( )
  Madams21 | Apr 24, 2014 |
“Creepy Carrots” was a fantastic book, with a great message of sometimes you are right about the things you suspect. This book was full of fantastic illustrations. The use of color and boarders was fantastic. The vibrant colors pull the reader into the reading. I also enjoyed how the illustrations gave you the anticipation of the following and the disappearance. The use of boards of the illustrations also allowed for me as the reader to feel as if I were watching a horror film. Which also pulled me in to the book even more .I also enjoyed the pace of this book for it allowed suspense and anticipation. This story didn’t push me as to read faster put it did cause me to want to know what was going to happen next. The plot did have a few twist and turns. For this story started out as if it was going to be a cute story about a bunny and it turned out to be the cutest story of the following. ( )
  KiTiraShorter | Apr 16, 2014 |

Aaron Reynoldsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown, PeterIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

The carrots that grow in Crackenhopper Field are the fattest and crispiest around and Jasper Rabbit cannot resist pulling some to eat each time he passes by, until he begins hearing and seeing creepy carrots wherever he goes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,492,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible