The Seven Habits of Highly Infective People…

The Seven Habits of Highly Infective People

by William Todd Rose

263415,071 (4)None

With the out of this world number of zombie novels out there, it takes something unique, fresh, or just darn right different. Seven signs show's a little of each. Now some of the ideas you can see were inspired by many futuristic sci-fi flicks or books, but this time throw in a future virus and the end of civilization and you get something fresh and different.

Now the narrator does have a couple of characteristics that take a while to grow accustomed to, but I love the dialogue and where he leads us through this tale. Each chapter shifts focus between two central characters and b the end of each chapter your left thinking, holy crap, wtf?, wow!, or I possible could have seen that coming. Bottom line, what I thought was going to happen, never did and I wasn't disappointed either.

Does this inspire me to read more by him? Sure does. But he o my problem is there are so many other zombie books out there ahead of them, unless he has something new and original to grant a cut in the huge line in from of him. ( )
  capiam1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |

smcamp1234 | Aug 14, 2013 |
Life for Bosley Coughlin has never been easy. He's seen things that no one else has seen and has done things he's not always proud of. Yet there's something about him that sets him apart from everyone else. You see, he can travel through time. He's never sure as to where he'll end up whenever Time comes to claim him, but the things he experiences wherever he goes leave him scarred for life. Most especially since he's repeatedly given glimpses of how the world will end soon enough. Mind you, it's not pretty.

With every trip he takes, he becomes privy to the circumstances that lead to the Earth's demise. Chaos and destruction now reign supreme. Cold, callous beings, shells of those formerly living, now walk the streets, eager to prey on unsuspecting souls. Falling into their hands guarantees a quick, merciless death, a certainty survivors now do their best to avoid.

Bosley knows what caused the apocalypse. He was there from the beginning. Clarice Hudson has been an integral part in contributing to man's downfall, something he did his best to avoid. Beautiful and alluring, he knows she's unaware of the demons that now exist inside her. Everything about her calls out to him, yet that's a luxury he can never give in to.

The girl is tainted and it's up to him to fix the situation before it can get out of hand. It's the only way he can ensure that his beloved Ocean can lead a normal life within the dark and murky world she now lives in. Her very existence depends on him taking matters into his own hands. For her, he will do anything. For her, he will make things right, if only to give her that fighting chance she so very much deserves.

This book hooked me in from the very beginning. William's style of writing is so engrossing that it catches the reader off the bat. I had a hard time putting the book down once I got started. He's painted such vivid picture of a world spiraling into madness. A world where the undead are everywhere and those left remaining must do everything they can to survive. I totally recommend the story - a gripping tale that will leave you wanting to read more! ( )
  LizzieBeth95 | May 19, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible