But My Boyfriend Is by K.A. Mitchell

But My Boyfriend Is

by K.A. Mitchell

I can't decide how to rate this book. It was hard for me to get into this book because Dylan was so obnoxious, but I did feel bad for how his family seemed to treat him, and I was so glad Mike stood up for him at the end. This book totally did not go the way I thought it would, and while it's nice to be surprised sometimes, I feel like nothing really happened. It's like where there was supposed to be a climax where the characters grow and move forward, the story just sort of plateaued. There didn't seem to be one of those AHA moments for Dylan, and I'm still not sure if he's ok with himself being gay, and whether he actually, really wants to be with Mike. And I used to like Dare because he was less obnoxious than Dylan, but after the way he treated Dylan in this book because he thought he could be gay since Dylan and Aaron are, and the fact that he couldn't tell the D.A. what he remembered cuz he was afraid people would think he was gay just really annoyed me, and it made me like Dylan a little more. Even Joey's fun personality didn't seem to appear in this book.

I am wondering if this series will continue or if Dylan is the last because Dare isn't gay?! Although, I did like Tate and would like an update on him and his man from the club.
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |

DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
God, Aaron can be a dick. Yes, that my first reaction to the book. Liked Mike and Dylan together, but wanted to smack them both (especially Dylan) around to snap out of it. Love Joey. Don't know if there's going to be another book, but would love to read one. ( )
  crankypants16 | Sep 23, 2013 |
Not sure I am all that objective about this authors work, because I enjoy her voice so much. The angst and anger of Dylans character really appealed and I lovedtrue book.I thought the storytelling was really tight and the arc was done beautifully. Sex was hot and captured Dylans feelings nicely, nervous but aggressive. Liked it lots. I think if you're new to the genre, KA Mitchell is a great place to start, cause the writing is just that good. Magic.

Re read end of 2012. Sigh, still liked it QUITE a lot. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
I am giving this a four star, although really a 3.5.

What I liked:

1. I really liked the fact that neither Dylan or Mike is perfect, that both of them have issues that are not resolved in the first few pages.

2. The storyline was not just the same rehashing of the others, but original problems.

3. Joey. There is just something about this character that makes me smile.

4. The last couple chapters are f'ing amazing and redeemed one character that was pissing me off.

What I didn't love:

1. I was surprised about one character's attitude that really pissed me off! (not Dylan or Mike). Not saying that there was anything wrong with the writing, just that the character pissed me off.

2. If you are overly sensitive about cheating (meaning, the from the first moment they see each other there should be no frolicking with others) be prepared. It did not bother me, how it was handled, but some folks can be picky.

Overall, a pretty good book, it was on par with the others, but not as good as Joey's. I am hoping that we see Tate the roommate in the next book. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible