The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About…

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams &… (original 1997; edition 1999)

by Robin Sharma

Member:rprabhu
Title:The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
Authors:Robin Sharma
Info:HarperSanFrancisco (1999), Edition: First, Paperback, 198 pages

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny by Robin Sharma (1997)

English (23)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
This book reminds us what we could do to make our lives more meaningful and happier. Robin Sharma gives us a list to follow, like a blueprint. Some of the these directions are easy, and some are not so easy. The Ten Rituals For a Radiant Life, must become a habit, something we practice every day, if it is to work. That is the hard part. If it were easy, we would all be blissful. ( )
  Spiritus3 | Apr 7, 2015 |
I found this book quite ordinary. It may appeal to some people who are quite optimistic or may not have faced hard realities of life. The title of the book is quite attractive but the theme is quite ordinary. ( )
  Awdhesh | Oct 8, 2014 |
1.5 star actually. A bit more than "didn't like it", but still not good enough for "I liked it", so I'll just leave it at 1.5. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
I didn't like it. It is typical of a westerner who got "surprised" by the eastern values. Too much of a drama, IMHO. ( )
  parvita | Aug 12, 2013 |
  Morana.Mora | Mar 30, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062515675, Paperback)

Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does--suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as, "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

"Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does - suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals" -- www.amazon.com… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,417,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible