The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About…

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams &… (original 1997; edition 1999)

by Robin Sharma

Member:rprabhu
Title:The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
Authors:Robin Sharma
Info:HarperSanFrancisco (1999), Edition: First, Paperback, 198 pages

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny by Robin Sharma (1997)

English (27)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (31)
1.5 star actually. A bit more than "didn't like it", but still not good enough for "I liked it", so I'll just leave it at 1.5. ( )
  Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
It was so boring, and the writing so rote, that I just couldn't finish it. If I had to describe this book in one sentence: lots of tell, not nearly enough show!

I liked the ideas and the message he was trying to present, but the writing and bad dialogue/characterization was just too much. ( )
  meowism | May 17, 2016 |
I felt this book has some good lessons to learn and some good exercises to practice, but I think it was poorly written. The writing was at times frustrating, boring, and often repetitious. I learned from it and learning is evolving!! ( )
  yahscott | Mar 7, 2016 |
I truly like the Bhagavad Gita style of writing. A narrative where a master is revealing the truth of living a full life to an eager student. I suspect that he is attempting to distill the wisdom of the Ancient Indian Religious texts by placing them in contemporary settings.
  danoomistmatiste | Jan 24, 2016 |
  kkhambadkone | Jan 17, 2016 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0062515675, Paperback)

Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does--suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as, "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:30 -0400)

"Everyone loves a good fable, and this is certainly one. The protagonist is Julian Mantle, a high-profile attorney with a whacked-out schedule and a shameful set of spiritual priorities. Of course it takes a crisis (heart attack) to give Mantle pause. And pause he does - suddenly selling all his beloved possessions to trek India in pursuit of a meaningful existence. The Himalayan gurus along the way give simple advice, such as "What lies behind you and what lies before you is nothing compared to what lies within you." Yet it is easy to forgive the story's simplicity because each kernel of wisdom is framed to address the persistent angst of Western white-collar professionals" -- www.amazon.com… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible