Star Wars: Who Saved the Galaxy? (DK…

Star Wars: Who Saved the Galaxy? (DK Readers: Level 1)

by DK

342329,500 (3)None

~borrowed from the Library

WHO SAVED THE GALAXY is at the beginning 4th Grade reading level. The book has 491 words in a font that is, in my opinion, too large for 4th Graders.

All the favorite good guys are covered in the book. Young Anakin, older Anakin. Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, CPO.... That's about all you've got here are brief summaries with pictures from the movies.

I've read quite a few of these little books and this material is covered dozens of other places. Which isn't to say that kids won't pick this book up and read it; only that it's mediocre, at best.

I would recommend this book for young readers who are reading way above their age level. For them the material might be fresh. ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Aug 27, 2016 |
Who saved the galaxy? Many characters were involved. This little book relates who these people were, humans and aliens, and what they did to help save the galaxy. This is a fun summary of the key events in the Star Wars saga, and at the end of the book, instead of the usual quiz or glossary, they ask this open question again: "Who saved the galaxy?"

Some people have complained that these popular DK readers on Star Wars are too hard, and I can second that they are not for absolute beginners or maybe even the average kindergartener. They are not heavy on sight words and they, by the nature of the subject, contain a number of rather tricky spellings. I sit with my little one when he reads through these and help him a little when he gets stuck on one of those tongue twisters. But they soon pick up words like "empirial", "creatures", "smuggling", "merchant" and names such as "Tattooine" and "Alderaan" are often phonetically spelled out, to help the emerging reader. My guess would however be that most of both the level one and level two books are of 2nd grade reading level. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |

The DK Star Wars Readers series provides a wonderful opportunity for parents and teachers to promote development of young children's reading skills and motivation to read. We want young children to WANT to read! Star Wars has become a familiar part of our culture with children instantly recognizing the characters on book covers, TV and in the movies. Now they can add more Star Wars action to their collections!

The droid army is coming and Queen Amidala and her people must join forces with Gungans to reclaim their home planet of Naboo before it's too late! Young readers will learn all about the characters, weapons, and vehicles from the climatic battle of Episode I in Star Wars: Battle for Naboo from Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi, to the dark side of the Force with the return of the Sith!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:37 -0400)

Contains illustrations and facts about Star Wars characters, including Luke Skywalker and R2-D2.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible