Supervolcano: All Fall Down by Harry…

Supervolcano: All Fall Down (edition 2012)

by Harry Turtledove (Author)

Member:MikeBriggs
Title:Supervolcano: All Fall Down
Authors:Harry Turtledove (Author)
Info:Roc Hardcover (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Brooklyn Collection, Read, Read in 2012, Read in December, Series, TIoLI Challenege
Tags:Fiction, Science Fiction, Disaster

Supervolcano: All Fall Down by Harry Turtledove

Harry Turtledove is one of my favorite authors... but this series? Concept is interesting and the characters are as well. But the novel? It is horrible. Repetitive and poorly written. I can't believe that Turtledove wrote this. ( )
  autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |
The follow up novel to [Harry Turtledove's] [Supervolcano: Eruption] was worth the read. The continuing story of the characters as they try in their own ways to survive was enjoyable.

[Supervolcano: All Fall Down] picked up right where [Eruption] left off. In the midst of this disaster the way [Turtledove] portrays his characters not as hero's out to save the world but as humans with all their faults makes the story more believable. It even has a serial killer mystery twist within the plot.

I definitely prefer my science fiction based on real science and not super natural. That is what [Turtledove] has produced so far with the two books from the [Supervolcano] series. I like my fantasy with a good does of reality in most cases. ( )
  MsHooker | Mar 8, 2014 |
  AutumnTurner | Dec 29, 2013 |
The effects of the Supervolcano under Yellowstone's eruption continue to play themselves out. The POV family tries to cope, and we are being set up for the collapse of the government of the USA, I think. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Oct 10, 2013 |
I couldn't put the first book down, the second left a little to be desired but can be expected in a series. You may find you like following some characters over others and you will get a full picture of what life could be like when you read between the lines of the entertaining story. Turtledove mastery of weaving alt-hist. with story. I thought it was a little slow to get started due to his reintroduction of the characters, picked up in the middle and ended with me wanting to read the next book. Predictable toward the latter third you knew where he was going with the characters you just didn't know how he was going to get them there. Anxiously awaiting the third book to see how the story may end, completely hooked on this one. ( )
  tajohnson | Jan 25, 2013 |
Colin Ferguson called upstairs to his wife: "You Ready?"

In the aftermath of the supervolcano's eruption in Yellowstone Park, North America is covered in ash. Farmlands cannot produce food. Machinery has been rendered useless. Cities are no longer habitable. And the climate across the globe grows colder every day. Former police officer Colin Ferguson's family is spread across the United States, separated by the catastrophe, and struggling to survive as the nation attempts to recover and reestablish some measure of civilization...… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,035,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible