Redheads are Soulless by Heather M. White

Redheads are Soulless

by Heather M. White

First off, I absolutely love this cover! The colors are gorgeous and it reminds me of Scarlett Johansson. But enough about the superficial lovely cover :)

This was such an interesting read, mainly because it didn't do what I expected it to. Love triangles are pretty much a staple in YA books, especially paranormal, and you can see form the blurb that White doesn't try to disguise that fact that there's a love triangle. I can respect that. I hate books that make me think there isn't a love triangle and then POW! there it is halfway through.

Sofia is a pretty likeable character. She's going through some hard things at home and school, but she makes the best of it. White really shows how hard Sofia is trying to get along at home and deal with her mom and as the story progresses I really admire how Sofia says enough, without doing it in a way that seems cruel. what I wish I'd seen more of is what's happening at school. Near the beginning we get a glimpse of the bullying going on, but once Jason and Robbie are established there's very little mention of problems at school.

The love triangle aspect did not play out how I expected. One chapter I was thinking she'd definitely stay with Jason, then next I thought she'd be with Robbie and then back and forth. The love triangle comes to a head when Sofia is targeted in an ancient war between immortals. It's at this point I had no clue who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.

The ending definitely leads to a sequel/series and I hope that we get more development with the immortals. And this is one of the few cases where I can honestly say I hope that the love triangle continues to develop, because despite the outcome of this book, I liked both of the brothers and I'm not sure yet if I think Sofia ended up with the right one. ( )
  AngelaFristoe | Aug 3, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,107,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible