A Museum of Early American Tools (Americana)…

A Museum of Early American Tools (Americana) (original 1964; edition 2002)

by Eric Sloane

Member:mcola
Title:A Museum of Early American Tools (Americana)
Authors:Eric Sloane
Info:Dover Publications (2002), Paperback, 128 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned

A Museum of Early American Tools by Eric Sloane (1964)

My dad turned me onto Sloane. I love satisfying my craving to learn something that I'll never use, and would never learn in school, but which is still interesting. It's especially interesting because Sloane's own passion shines in his writing. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
I could not possibly overstate how important this book is. It's just a wee skinny volume, but inside are lovingly drawn illustrations of tools and their use. It's one of the few places where you can find nearly (or indeed completely) forgotten devices which made the modern world possible, and will once again pull us out of the post-oil time into a new world in the future. Sound over the top? Perhaps. Can you find everything here other places? Perhaps, but not in one place that I've ever seen. A certain type of person will treasure this book as much as a miser his gold. Count me amongst them. ( )
  wjmcomposer | Nov 5, 2014 |
  wjmcomposer | Nov 5, 2014 |
Overview of old tools, both hand tools and larger, including lots of drawings showing how they work.
  SteveJohnson | Jul 22, 2013 |
Excellent book about early American tools. Sloane is an accomplished artist and does all of the pen sketches illustrating the very many tools described. ( )
  mcola | Jan 27, 2013 |

This delightful evocation of simpler times and the tools that built America has always held a special place in the hearts of lovers of Americana and Yankee ingenuity. Now available in a handsome hardcover gift edition, this engaging, informative book features 184 of the author's inimitable drawings.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:49 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,416,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible