Boundless Potential: Transform Your Brain,…

Boundless Potential: Transform Your Brain, Unleash Your Talents, Reinvent…

by Mark S. Walton

11None820,536 (2.83)None

No reviews

What is the lifelong potential of the human mind?  Might I have talents or brainpower that I'm unaware of? Can I make money and a difference doing something I love? Is there some science to this or just luck?

Millions of us in our 40's, 50's and 60's face career, financial and personal challenges beyond anything we anticipated--we're filled with fresh uncertainties.

We've seen careers derailed and investments devastated by economic chaos. Some of us have grown restless or burned out in our businesses or professions. Others have unexpectedly 'flunked retirement,' finding the so-called 'golden years' mind-numbingly boring.

However we've come to it, the challenge is the same:  What Now?

Personally driven by this question, Peabody award-winning journalist and Fortune 100 leadership consultant Mark S. Walton set out on his most fascinating assignment yet. Crisscrossing America to meet with remarkably re-inventive people, and researching the latest breakthroughs in brain science, psychology, creativity and happiness, he made three life-altering discoveries:

State-of-the-art neuroscience has revealed that we are hard-wired for reinvention through the emergence of extraordinary new brainpowers in life's second half.

A growing number of men and women are learning to leverage this inborn potential. In midlife, they're raising the bar--inventing profitable new careers, businesses, and avenues for social impact that extend well into their 70's, 80's, even 90's.

Longevity experts are increasingly convinced that doing work that 'pays it forward' to future generations pays us back in personal long-term health and happiness.

What unrealized possibilities exist for each of us in midlife and beyond?  How do we find and unlock our unique talents and capabilities?  What kinds of people have accomplished this? What can we learn from their experiences?

In Boundless Potential Walton shares his surprising and encouraging findings, weaving first-hand accounts, cutting edge research, and practical lessons into an actionable blueprint for redesigning our lives and work. Entertaining, informative, and empowering, this groundbreaking book delivers overwhelming evidence that we were never meant to downgrade our ambitions or goals, but to continually reinvent them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:19 -0400)

"There's no better time than now to remake your career and life. Neuroscience research reveals that creativity spikes in our later years--making midlife an ideal time to change professions. This breakthrough career-reinvention guide shows workers in their forties and over how to leverage this newfound potential.Boundless Potential empowers you with the knowledge, inspiration, and tools to kick-start anything from a new entrepreneurial venture to a new career. Using case studies, interviews, and revelations from cutting-edge research, it offers a blueprint for personal and work reinvention in midlife and a glimpse of the true lifelong potential of the human mind. Mark S. Walton is a professor of leadership in the U.S. Navy's Advanced Management Program and a distinguished lecturer in management at the Senior Executive Institute and Kenan-Flagler Graduate Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His book Generating Buy-In was selected by Soundview Executive Summaries as one of the Top 30 business books of the year"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,462,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible