Four in the Morning by Christi Goddard

Four in the Morning

by Christi Goddard

167615,960 (4.7)1 / 2

First thing I noticed? The voice. It's excellent! You should read the book just to see how an author can ooze voice. Yeah, it's that good.

I loved everything about Kathleen--the fact she wasn't your normal skinny beauty queen teen or sickly sweet. She had a scathing wit that she wore like chain mail. and it was AWESOME. This story is NOT your typical YA. Not even close. I'm not even sure how to explain how it's different, but the words raw, real, snarky, angry, surprising all come to mind.

The only thing that bugged me was the part about the letter to the minister's daughter--hold on, let me explain. I kept waiting for that to go somewhere. That character was a non-player and I was starting to fear it was a dropped thread. But don't worry, it wasn't. And I can't explain it without giving away some spoilers. I will say that Christi dropped the bomb to explain things right before I was too frustrated with it. And then it all made perfect sense-->more so than this paragraph, I promise.

And the end! I sure hope there will be more of Kathleen's story. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Wow, I loved it!! This was a fun read! This is quite a unique book.. I couldn't have imagined the direction that it took. There was a good mixture of LOL moments and WTF moments. The main character was easy to relate to. The first few set up chapters were kind of dry, but it picked up and never stopped. I would definitely recommend this book, it was different from most YA books. ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
A DNF book - I tried to get into this book, but I couldn't. The narrators voice was a big turnoff for me, especially getting more than a third into the book and her still annoying me. The book wasn't for me.
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |
Loved this book!!

I loved the character of Kathleen. I loved her wit and sarcasm!! I found myself laughing and crying. I couldn't believe the terrible treatment she endured from her "mother" and how her father just pretended nothing was wrong. No matter what happened to Kathleen she never cowered. She stood strong and survived.

Not only did she survive her family but also whatever the supernatural world threw at her. I hope that there is more to this story. I really want to know what happens to her. ( )
  bella55075 | Oct 10, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Christi Goddard's book Four in the Morning was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible