Easy by Tammara Webber

Authors:Tammara Webber
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:*****

Easy by Tammara Webber

2012 (12) 2013 (5) chick lit (4) college (11) contemporary (29) contemporary romance (19) ebook (23) favorites (19) fiction (12) friendship (3) Kindle (7) love (3) maybe (3) NA (3) New Adult (39) nook (4) own (4) rape (9) read (5) read in 2012 (11) read in 2013 (13) realistic fiction (3) romance (54) self defense (7) standalone (3) teen (3) to-read (88) YA (12) ya-contemporary (3) young adult (28)
    Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.

Despite all the deception in this story...the h/h relationship felt really honest. A tad overwrought and angsty at times...but it wouldn't be true to late-adolescence/early adulthood without that.

Lucas had my inner 20 year old green with envy.

I'm too jaded to buy the resolution, but I really really wanted to believe. If I had read the book as a teenager or even in my early twenties I would have believed in it without question. ( )
  ShariSlade | Feb 28, 2014 |
Love isn't materialistic !! Love is a spiritual connection between two souls not two bodies !
I just wanna know , why all contemporary love stories now are all based on love-his-body kind of love ?
where are the abstract side ??
I won't find a worse book :/

Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
I loved Tammara Webber's Between the Lines series and, judging from the amazing ratings on this one, I figured Easy would be amazing as well.

I'll admit the first half of the book was sweet and well-written as Jacqueline plays the 'Is he looking at me? And what does it mean if he's not?' game with Lucas, but I wasn't really getting why so many people were in love with this book. It was good, but it wasn't amazing. That was the first half.

And then the second half blew me out of the water. When the sisters met to talk about Buck, I could hardly hold back a fist bump in the air. The history of Lucas took my breath away. I didn't see it coming, could not have imagined it, and all of a sudden, this wasn't a cute story anymore, but something so raw and tight that I could hardly breathe around it.

Tammara, I applaud you yet again. You are an incredible writer and an inspiration to girls everywhere.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll sign up for a self-defense class. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
I love this book its one of my favorite books I can not work for the other one to come out im excited its going to focus more one lucas :) ( )
  Sanditowns1991 | Jan 28, 2014 |
So sweet and touching, really nice love story. The Lucas/Landon moments had me swooning. I didn't expect to love this book so much because I thought there were going to be a lot annoying turmoil; but it was so "easy" to fall into. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
I'm seriously left behind in class! Just like Jacqueline, I missed class for two weeks! Not because of a heartbreak, though. Heehee. Anyway, I was admitted in a hospital because of Dengue Fever stage II and I just went to class a while ago. When I asked my professors for a remedial class, I was hoping to get a tutor as cool as Landon. Unfortunately, my professors have yet to read "Easy" since they told me to catch up the lessons by myself! Ugh! Talk about unfair. How come I don't get a one-on-one e-mail tutorial session??? How come there's no Landon Maxwell to save me from my two-week ignorance of Political Thought, Southeast Asian Studies, Ethics, Japanese Studies, Medieval Literature, and Majors! See what I mean? Landon Maxwell could be really helpful right now.

Really, guys. Easy by Tammara Webber is that good. I just have to remind you, though, that it contains mature subjects and themes.

I was surprised by how heavy the plot is. I don't actually support some of Jacqueline and Lucas' decisions, but I'll leave it up to you to decide. Meanwhile, I'll share three lessons I got from the book.
Here it goes!

1. Don't let your past take away your future. It doesn't define who you are today and who you'll be in the future. Live life like there's no second chance!

I got this from both Jacqueline and Lucas. Jacqueline throws away her dream of entering a prestigious music school to follow her boyfriend in a State University, only to find out that he'll break up with her just before their 3rd year anniversary. Jacqueline is devastated and she'll rather fail the class than to sit beside her ex for an hour-long Economics class! Thankfully, her bestfriend/roommate and Econ professor help her to get back to her feet. Her bestfriend starts to encourage her to come to class and her professor gives her a cool and intelligent personal tutor, Landon Maxwell.

The past of Lucas is rather heart-wrenching and tragic to the point that he almost stopped living by wasting himself. His father, a Ph.D. holder and a well-known scholar, shut down his senses and rationality because their horrid past is too much to bear. Thanks to Dr. Heller, Lucas is spared from a dead-life.

2. Do not fear. Step up. Let your voice be heard.

Two weeks after their breakup, Jacqueline is almost raped by a brotherhood rival of his ex. Good thing, Lucas is there to stop him. Knowing the shame that she'll get, Jacqueline decides to keep the incident a secret until it happens again. She escapes the second time around, but not her bestfriend's sorority friend. That's the only time they relayed the rape cases to the authority; however, they'll have to face the consequences of their prolonged silence.

3. Follow your dreams.

That includes your heart's desire. Jacqueline will eventually decide if she'll pursue a degree in music or education. And she'll also have to face her heart. Whom does she love the most? Her ex? Landon Maxwell? or Lucas?

I know you'l enjoy this book, too! Enjoy reading! God bless you more. :)

Tammara Webberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sands, TaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kim
Best friend
BFF
Confidant
Sister-I-never had
None of these titles are adequate
to describe what you mean to me
Love you, always
I had never noticed Lucas before that night.

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex's frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life. Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she's still the same intelligent girl she's always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There's just one problem-- their only interactions are through email. Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees-- hoping for more. Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they've hooked up.… (more)

124 wanted3 pay4 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible