Easy by Tammara Webber

Title:Easy
Authors:Tammara Webber
Info:Berkley Trade (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages

Easy by Tammara Webber

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: Contemporary romance, college, young adult.

English (122)  Czech (1)  All languages (123)
This book is so realistically written that it's easy to get lost in the story. The characters are equally enthralling, as well as inspiring. Honestly, I think I'm going to read it again... ( )
  Nadre.Wiggill | Jul 8, 2016 |
Loved this book, have read it several times already. Found it because of a recommendation of what to read after Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
Good story! I would have liked to see Buck get his sorry ass kicked a few more times! ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
So sweet and touching, really nice love story. The Lucas/Landon moments had me swooning. I didn't expect to love this book so much because I thought it was going to be too sad, but it was so "easy" to fall into. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
This was an amazing book that I found myself captivated by from the beginning. It began with the opening scene that made my stomach churn in shock. I was on the edge of my seat wondering how it would play out and intrigued and disgusted both by the event. There are some themes in this book most are eager to step around and avoid, which makes it hard to write about it. Webber did an amazing job with it, though. Her writing is fast paced, superb, and heart-warming. I fell in love with this book. I've only read it once, so I plan on rereading to get the full effect of the story. Only con I think is character development. I felt like I didn't know them as well as I'd liked to or I didn't care as much as I wanted to...Which is a shame because they were pretty great. I really enjoyed it though. I definitely think I should take a self defense class now, because there was so much I had not thought about that this book make me contemplate. My emotions were all over the place. High recommended. Plus, it is a tender and entrancing romance. ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
I'm seriously left behind in class! Just like Jacqueline, I missed class for two weeks! Not because of a heartbreak, though. Heehee. Anyway, I was admitted in a hospital because of Dengue Fever stage II and I just went to class a while ago. When I asked my professors for a remedial class, I was hoping to get a tutor as cool as Landon. Unfortunately, my professors have yet to read "Easy" since they told me to catch up the lessons by myself! Ugh! Talk about unfair. How come I don't get a one-on-one e-mail tutorial session??? How come there's no Landon Maxwell to save me from my two-week ignorance of Political Thought, Southeast Asian Studies, Ethics, Japanese Studies, Medieval Literature, and Majors! See what I mean? Landon Maxwell could be really helpful right now.

Really, guys. Easy by Tammara Webber is that good. I just have to remind you, though, that it contains mature subjects and themes.

I was surprised by how heavy the plot is. I don't actually support some of Jacqueline and Lucas' decisions, but I'll leave it up to you to decide. Meanwhile, I'll share three lessons I got from the book.
Here it goes!

1. Don't let your past take away your future. It doesn't define who you are today and who you'll be in the future. Live life like there's no second chance!

I got this from both Jacqueline and Lucas. Jacqueline throws away her dream of entering a prestigious music school to follow her boyfriend in a State University, only to find out that he'll break up with her just before their 3rd year anniversary. Jacqueline is devastated and she'll rather fail the class than to sit beside her ex for an hour-long Economics class! Thankfully, her bestfriend/roommate and Econ professor help her to get back to her feet. Her bestfriend starts to encourage her to come to class and her professor gives her a cool and intelligent personal tutor, Landon Maxwell.

The past of Lucas is rather heart-wrenching and tragic to the point that he almost stopped living by wasting himself. His father, a Ph.D. holder and a well-known scholar, shut down his senses and rationality because their horrid past is too much to bear. Thanks to Dr. Heller, Lucas is spared from a dead-life.

2. Do not fear. Step up. Let your voice be heard.

Two weeks after their breakup, Jacqueline is almost raped by a brotherhood rival of his ex. Good thing, Lucas is there to stop him. Knowing the shame that she'll get, Jacqueline decides to keep the incident a secret until it happens again. She escapes the second time around, but not her bestfriend's sorority friend. That's the only time they relayed the rape cases to the authority; however, they'll have to face the consequences of their prolonged silence.

3. Follow your dreams.

That includes your heart's desire. Jacqueline will eventually decide if she'll pursue a degree in music or education. And she'll also have to face her heart. Whom does she love the most? Her ex? Landon Maxwell? or Lucas?

I know you'l enjoy this book, too! Enjoy reading! God bless you more. :)

Tammara Webberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sands, TaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kim
Best friend
BFF
Confidant
Sister-I-never had
None of these titles are adequate
to describe what you mean to me
Love you, always
I had never noticed Lucas before that night.

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex's frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life. Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she's still the same intelligent girl she's always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There's just one problem-- their only interactions are through email. Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees-- hoping for more. Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they've hooked up.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,388,883 books! | Top bar: Always visible