Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opposition

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (5)

3602030,197 (4.24)3

Though I didn't enjoy the conclusion of the Lux series as much as the others, it was still a great ending. I was surprised, actually, by how much I enjoyed the prequel novella at the end of the book. I think I may have actually liked it more than Opposition. Individually, I'd rate Opposition 4 stars and Shadows 5 stars. Overall, I give the book 4.5 stars! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Actual rating 3.75

It's been a while since I read the first 4 books of this series so I think I started with a little bit of a disconnect which may have affected my overall feel and rating of the book. A a result it took me till maybe chapter 5 or 6 to really get into this. After that though it was relatively easy to sink back in to the story and keep reading. I liked the pace of the story. There was a good balance of action and romance and I really enjoyed humour that was inherent even through the serious bits, especially some of the pop references. Also the story itself threw some surprises my way. Overall though, while i thoroughly enjoyed the read, that disconnect lingered a little which interfered with my enjoyment of the finale. That being said though I did enjoy this read and am sad it is the lat book of the series. I am now of to read [b:Oblivion|25209521|Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)|Jennifer L. Armentrout|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1442601250s/25209521.jpg|44923008] LOL ( )
  SapphiredDragon | Nov 21, 2017 |
Best book yet!!! I love the ending and Katy was truly amazing in this book! She has grown so much in this book. I finish this book in a day and I am sad to see it end but at least we have another book coming out!!!! December 1st oblivion comes out in Daemon point of view my dreams are coming true!!!! Can't wait!!! ( )
  stepintoabookworld | Nov 7, 2017 |
I totally devoured this series!! and I still love the characters. Dang, I want a few more adventures with these people! Thank you, Ms Armentrout, it was fun! ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
** spoiler alert ** I read the first 4 books back to back and got bored which seems to happen when I read too many of a series at the same time. I have waited so long to start Opposition, I thought I would never get into this again or want too. However; I am glad I took a break, as I'm enjoying getting back into the characters and plot so much more than I was in the last 2 books.

Where I found the last two books a little boring and dragging on, this book starts with a bang. It has a nice pace and so much is happening. You will fly through this. I still have the same feelings as I previously did, as I do feel this did not need to be a 5 book series. I think it would have been even better if it was maybe only 3.

I love Daemon and I continued to love Daemon in this final book. Katy was again just blah to me, but you did start to see some of the independent and strong characteristics she brought in book one.

The plot, again, had some Twilight similarities which goes back to the first book as well. I also was a little disappointed in the ending of the War. It just kinda ended. There could have been more brought to the scenes with the Arum saving the world in the end.

This is marked as an YA book, but be mindful that this does have several sex scenes. I would not allow younger teens to read this series. JLA writes some steamy novels under J. Lynn and you can see that trying to come through in parts of this series.

Also, this represented some issues that our world is facing today, and I liked that tie in into the plot.

I will always be thankful to this series as it was the first Jennifer L. Armentrout books I read, and she has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I will say, her other work has blown this series away though and I am glad I tried some of her other work. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jan 10, 2017 |

Opposition: "Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can't believe Daemon stood by as his kind threaten to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred. Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure that survival of their friends--and mankind".--Shadows: "The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. To him, human girls are--well fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Bethany can't deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren't a complication she wants, whenever they lock eyes, she's drawn in. Captivated. Dawson can't stop risking everything for one human girl. Or stop a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself."--… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,351,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible